I enjoyed being back amongst my friends, and oddly, I really enjoyed being back to work and being needed. I was planning on only doing a half day and going home after lunch, but there were a couple of fireballs dropped on my desk that needed to be done by the end of the day, so I didn't leave until around 3:30. Even when I did leave it was because one of my coworkers felt bad that I was still there and told me I could get him his stuff on Monday. I was so incredibly thankful because I was in a lot of discomfort.
One other thing I relished on Friday was a meeting I was in where I realized this is the year I am really going to earn my stripes with this company. We are launching a huge project around our manuals that is going to involve a lot of work and man hours from people all over the company, and I will be the hub of it. I am excited to tackle this project and make it huge. I plan on taking something that is already massive and turning it into something mammoth, and I know I can do it. It will be a long time before I have free time on my hands again. This project is going to take months of me working full time, and when its done, another major launch will be on my door step. This is what I have been waiting for.
I am totally okay with life getting back to the same old, same old now. I am actually really pleased and excited with it because in addition to work, Hubs is starting to move on landscaping our backyard. We went to a rock yard today and picked out the stone we want to use for the flagstone patios we're going to put in and use for the surround on our fish pond. Then tonight we went and got some planters that we are going to use to plant herbs and vegetables in around the yard. While a garden would be nice, above ground planters work better for keeping animals out and fit into our scheme better.
How is life right now? It is better than great, its fantastic!






3 Thoughts:
Such a nice bubbly post, its nice to see you happy and feeling appreciated!
Congrats on the new project and your successful first day back to work.
BTW, here's the link you were asking for:
http://www.lissaexplains.com/fun3.shtml
Great!!!
Post a Comment