Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

"You Look Great!"

The comment I love getting the most from everyone lately is, "Wow, you look great!" In fact, if you didn't know I just had surgery two weeks ago, you would never know. I don't look all beat down like I did after my laparoscopy three years ago, and I am definitely back on my feet quicker this time around. Even Hubs mentioned that this is the best I have looked and recovered after any of my surgeries. Additionally, I don't walk slowly or funny to accommodate my pain. In fact, I am off the pain meds all together and have been for about half a week now.

Tonight we had company over for a bit, one of my coworkers and his beautiful fiance. He had asked me to make some cookies for her using a recipe she loved, so I made a whole batch just for them. She just finished nursing school and is getting ready to start her career at the end of this month. She told me she was amazed at how well I am doing and looking post surgery. I smiled and told her that recovery is all in your head. I had already waited too long to start trying for another baby, and that this was all just a speed bump. If all I had to do was have surgery and recovery quickly, then I was going to do it, and the quicker the better. I was totally over having the surgery before I even knew I had to have it.

Honestly, I think I could go back to work the week after next if I really wanted to, but I am going to take it easy until I have to go back to give myself as much time as possible to ensure I heal as best I possibly can. I really don't feel much pain anymore. It is a little uncomfortable at times, but most of the time I don't even notice it anymore. The one thing I do notice and that drives me kind of nuts, is the total and complete lack of feeling between the top of the incision and my belly button. THAT weirds me out. I don't remember having that problem after my c-section, but that doesn't mean I didn't.

Rest assured, I am still taking it easy compared to my life before surgery. I still don't carry Baby Bean more than a few feet, and definitely not up and down stairs yet. I am still not back to driving and might not be for another week (my choice). I sleep a lot. So while I get a lot done around here, I have a lot more time to do it in, and a lot more time to take it easy in between.

See, there is a blessing in everything!

1 Thoughts:

Sue said... [Reply to comment]

It is amazing that you are going as well as you are, thank goodness for that. I'm glad to hear that you are now taking it easy since the week after surgery all you wanted to do was work around the house! Let it heal and then you will be fully back on the road to another little blessing :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary