Yes, I took it easy the next few days after my bout of stupidity last Thursday in which I carried my 27 lb daughter up and down a flight of stairs, but that was mostly because I hurt too stinking bad and was too stinking swollen to not, and then it was the weekend, which meant Hubs was home, which meant Chelle was on her backside whether she liked it or not.
I had every intention of taking it easy and doing nothing but laying on my backside through Wednesday of this week. I swore to Hubs I wouldn't do any housework. Especially after I took 4 hours yesterday to clean up the area around my desk, find my desk, and then clean it out too. All while Hubs kept me company to ensure I didn't overdo it. We both liked the end result of that one, especially as my desk is visible upon entering our house.
The only plans I had for today were to continue painstakingly working on my curtains with beaded tassel fringe, and go to lunch and Targae (Tar.get) with my best friend. We spent forever at Targae. Hours. I knew I was overdoing it, but I didn't want to tell S that for fear she would march me out of there and take me home before I had everything on my list. And truth be told, my incision only felt like a minor annoyance rather than what it really is, a slice across my abdomen and through all of my abdominal muscles. So I pushed on and completed most of my list. By the time we walked out of there, I could feel with every single step how swollen I was. Before heading home, we stopped at a gourmet popcorn store, as we are both BIG popcorn lovers.
Upon arriving home, I popped a Diet. Dr. Pe.pper, laid back, ate my tasty gourmet popcorn, and watched TV before falling asleep at 4:30.
After Hubs got home, I just wanted to keep going. My kitchen has become an absolute mess. It took everything I had to keep from tackling it, mostly because I knew I would be in trouble if I tried. I think I only got told to go sit down and stop doing things two or three times tonight, which is pretty good.
I would like to say I will spend the next couple days on my backside, snoozing, and watching TV, but let's face it, I am Chelle Overdo-It (Insert Last Name Here). I HAVE to finish cleaning the room where my desk is, I HAVE to clean the kitchen, and I HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to vacuum my house. As much as I would like to say I will break those things up over the space of a couple days, I won't.
Why not have hubs do it, you ask? Because he has gotten a taste of what it is like to be me. How it feels to work a full time job while being a mother, a housekeeper, and a cook. He doesn't help me with the housework, like ever. I do it all. I'm a one-woman-band. After one week in my shoes, he is EXHAUSTED when he gets home. Tonight, it took every ounce of strength in his body to give Baby Bean a bath. The rest of the time all he could do was lay around. Secretly, I gloated. Take that sweet little pill and swallow it whole! But on that same note, he is too exhausted to clean the kitchen now, which he never does right anyway (he rinses the dishes and sets them on the counter; he doesn't know how to load and unload the dishwasher). If I asked him to vacuum, I know what his response would be. The bottom line is, I would have to do all of those things myself tomorrow anyway, so why bother asking?
I do want to say, however, that once I am totally back on my feet, I fully intend to make him help out more around the house. He knows what to do now, so he can't use that as an excuse. I should also add that our deal when we got married was he would pay for everything, and I would clean. That deal never worked out the way it should. lol
So tomorrow, once I roll my sore butt out of bed, I will be up and at 'em. I think tomorrow I will finally make the pancakes and bacon for breakfast that I've been craving since I got home from the hospital. :)
Peace out,
Chelle Overdo-It (Insert Last Name Here)






6 Thoughts:
I understand, I have always been the bull at a gate, overdo everything girl myself though I have definitely found with this pregnancy that I have been alot better about doing too much.
I am glad to see that you are recovering but I am imploring you to take care and let your body recover!!
Girl, girl, girl. :) I can definitely picture you overdoing it. (shaking finger at you here)
I have to say, I'm very fortunate in that Mark helps around the house quite a bit and it means so much coming from him with all his health issues. He does most of the laundry which is so nice. :) I know---I'm very fortunate. :)
Take it easy girl! Although it's really easy for me to say that, I am a lot like you and it would be near impossible for me to not do ANYTHING.
Continuing to think of you and your healing.
I am so just like you, such an over doer!! I once wanted these shelves for a our storage closet from Ikea, and hubby said he would go with me over the weekend. Well, that wasn't good enough so I called in sick, drove out there myself, loaded up like 50 lbs worth of wood, got home and dragged it all up to my 3rd floor condo and assembled it myself, hah! Hubby was in shock. Although sounds like you might be capable of that same task post surgery, hah! Thinking of you, and glad to hear you are healing. Just no furniture assembling please ;)!
Our marriage deal was, I married boyfriend for his body and he married me for my money. We're fun in public like that.
I can so relate but in my best Mom voice I am going to tell you that you REALLY need to be resting and letting your body heal! STAY AWAY FROM TARGET! :)
Post a Comment