Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Need To Buckle Up

Well, my leave from work is over, and in less than 10 hours I will be back behind my desk with my computer booted and ready to go. Its all good, like I said, I love my job and I work with great people and have a lot of friends there. The issue hasn't been going back to work so much as it has life resuming the same crap, different pile.

I had Baby Bean home with me today so she could help this break go out with a bang. Holy crap I love that kid! She is just too stinking adorable! Have I mentioned yet that she says, "Love you"? Well she does, and it is the cutest thing EVER! Today she even said it when she knew she was in trouble, which made me laugh and hug her tight. We had some good mom and daughter bonding time today.

Even though life is going back to normal, there are some somewhat exciting things on the horizon. Now don't get your undies in an excited tizzy, but yesterday I ordered a pool from Wal.mart. Its one of those above ground vinyl pools that is 8' across and 33" deep. Its not much, but its a pool, and anyone who lives in Texas knows that you don't care what the thing looks like as long as you can soak in it to ease the summer heat. Not only that, but as I said before, we're about to landscape our entire backyard, so we need something temporary. Feel free to laugh with us. I promise you will see pictures once it arrives and we get it set up.

Hubs also keeps talking about taking a vacation, but being Hubs, I never believe what he says until the proof is in the pudding. He talks a lot, but that doesn't mean what he talks about will happen any time soon. I have learned not to get excited about anything he says until he actually puts his plastic where his mouth is. It would be nice to have a beach vacation to look forward to, and I'm sure he's pretty serious, I just need to get that airline ticket confirmation before I can allow myself to get giddy over that.

Anyway, its time for bed. I have to get up early tomorrow morning to join my fellow rats in the race.

6 Thoughts:

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you on your first day back to work! I hope the transition is smooth for you and that your body is up for it.

And your pool sounds awesome! :)

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

How cute is Baby Bean! She even knows the right time to say I Love You! Lol!

Sorry that you have to go back to work on a Friday. Bummer!

And I feel like I need a vacation, too, even though I just got back from one. Lol!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I didn't realize you were a Texan too! Last year I bought a tiny pool for my dogs. They did't like it, but it was so extremely hot that I sat in it. The water barely made it up to my belly button! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your pool.

I hope your first day back at work isn't too hectic.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Having a pool sounds like a lot of fun to me, even if it is one from Walmart. I hope that going back to work goes well for you.

Sue said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you enjoy your day among the adults :)

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Dang! I don't want you to go back to work! I've loved you blogging more. :)

I hope work goes well for you!

Yay for the pool!!! I can imagine it's going to feel mighty good for you guys!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary