Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No Hulu Uprising Yet

It's day 4 of my captivity, and it is safe to say that I have yet to see anything on the Hulu uprising front.

In other words, cabin fever is not yet in sight. (If you have ever seen Spac.eman, you would know where that line came from.)

I am actually really enjoying my time home alone so far. My house is so peaceful, airy, and bright. We have loads of huge windows that let in the pleasant summer sun. So far all I have done is sit around, blog, watch TV, and sleep. I took it easy yesterday, as commanded by Hubs, and I'm taking it easy again today.

I am happy to announce I got the movement I was wishing for yesterday too. It is sad, but it made me so happy I danced around and sang. The best part is it wasn't painful. I had taken half a bottle of magnesium citrate to get things moving, and it did the trick. I can't tell you what a relief it was. All of you gals who have been through laps know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

I have to say, I seriously have the best husband ever. The man has totally stepped up and taken over. As sad as it is to say this, I enjoy watching him run around and try to do everything I normally do on my own. I enjoy watching it frazzle him, and make him tired. He is getting a taste of what it is like to be me. Our tables are genuinely turned. I sit on my bum and watch him do everything. :D He even vacuumed the other day, which I should have caught on video, as it is such a rare occurrence in my house. In fact, the first time he ever met our vacuum was the day I came home from the hospital with Baby Bean 16 months ago today.

I really love watching him with Baby Bean though. He is such a cute daddy. He loves that child more than anything in this world, and more than he has ever loved anyone or anything. It makes all of this even more worth it. And the way he has been treating me like I am something very fragile the last few days tells me that he not only loves me more than the air he breathes, but that he wants another baby just as badly as I do. The best thing we ever gave each other was our daughter. I am so blessed beyond words to get to build a family with this man and then spend the rest of eternity with him. My children are blessed to have such an amazing dad. In fact, I am wearing a shirt today that says, "My husband rocks!" I figure the world deserves to know... I guess they would only know if I was able to leave my house. So much for that plan!

Anyway, its time for some lunch, an afternoon nap, and then more blogging. Pain and discomfort aside, this is the life. ;)

5 Thoughts:

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Your husband sounds like a sweet man. Isn't it nice to turn the tables once in a while? Makes them realize how hard we work.

Glad things are moving down there, and hope you are feeling well. :)

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, sounds like your hubby is a keeper ;)! I have to say my hubby totally stepped it up since our IVF. He was a great helper before, with all the "boy" jobs...but now he tackles laundry/dishes etc like nobody's business. He totally doesn't have to baby me like this, but its just such the sweetest thing!!

So glad you're enjoying some down time and the recovery is going so well!!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Your hubby sounds awesome. :) So glad things are moving! :)

I love you blogging more. It's so nice to hear from you! (((HUGS)))

Thanks for your address! You'll be getting something from me. :)

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Woo Hoo for the movement! So weird to be excited about that, but for you I am! :)

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

What a great hubby to step up! Now he knows how hard you really work to juggle taking care of the family AND working full-time. I'm glad you are recovering nicely. I hope things continue to get better.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary