Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Its Snowing

It snowed about a foot and a half here today. I was just glad that today was not on a weekday when I would have to wait until 5:00 to head home on less than fun roads. I took a few pictures of the backyard and Maggie in the new snow. First are some pictures of the new backyard Hubs and I put in over the summer, and the way the yard looks now with all of the snow, including our poor little fish pond. :)

The south side with our failing Jackman Clematis vine, hostas, and some other plants I don't remember the names of. Maggie was being camera shy.

The west side with Hubs' favorite Concord grape vine, silver mounds, strawberries (not shown), carnations, little purple flowering plants, and my favorite delphiniums.

All the green is now covered in a sheet of snow, with the brim of Hubs' hat visible as he shovels the pattio.

Maggie, feeling slightly tortured that her pampered self has to sit outside in the snow for this Kodak moment instead of inside on the sofa, next to the fire place.


The fish pond before we lost the battle against algea for the year. It used to be so beautiful with its multi-colored stones.

The fish pond con masive algea and covered in snow. If you look closely, you can see two of our larger fish in this picture. We have 17 fish total, but we've only been able to find 7 since it got cold. The sand dollar-looking item is our winter heater.

5 Thoughts:

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

Dear Michelle, poor maggie she looks so cold, is the snow still lying ?..we have not any at all here YET, it is getting colder though, always agood sign i suppose..
Thanks for your comment on the tree house, I think i know what yo are talking about! re your comment, I had tried to correct some spelling mistakes on my blog , and deleted some of the words, havn't got a clue what happened but I lost all of it and had to redo the whole lot, but obv could not replace your comment as it was lost also, so sorry about that!!
Have been reading your stories so far and hope all will be good for you and your husband very very soon, and hope on your visit to scotland u can include Perth in that visit, would be a lovely opportunity fo my daughter and myself to meet you both. you have been so helpful, i thank you for that...

Here guess what i was looking through some photos on the internet of scotland and found this blog with loads of beautiful photo's on it, http://scotlandinthegloaming.blogspot.com/
hope you enjoy it , click on the pics for a larger view.
speak again soon , kath n Amy Scotland

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

your back yard is lovely, even in the snow, poor wee fish

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

AAauuughh michelle, don't you worry at all, I do not think anything of the kind, not at all, iam sure you had maybe left comments, I find it happens to me too... sometimes if we have to enter code letters to leave a comment we can easily not realise and just press send!! hence the reason why some of my comments have not been uploaded to some of my othe r blog friends, so n o not at all, I look at your blog too, my daughter is fine ,will keep you updated......Kath and Amy( my daughters name)

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such great comments, I love blogging too, I just wish you could come across so many lovely people in real life so to speak! Your garden looks great, I think raised beds are such a great idea, I would love those for growing vegetables in. What about Maggie having to keep posing for the camera, J never gets his meals hot anymore, by the time I have taken a picture for the blog. We have had weeks of rain and high winds over here but for the last couple of days we have had lovely clear, sunny but cold days (no snow though), these sorts of days I much prefer. Will look in again soon. x

kam said... [Reply to comment]

I love SNOW!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary