Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Choose to Grow

I am lucky to be my father's daughter. My dad taught me how to grow and change. I'm lucky to be married to my husband. He taught me how to change my attitude and relax. Between these two men in my life, I know that I have become a better person, especially over the last year. I have learned to look for the positive in a negative experience. My infertility problems are case in point. I've learned to make friends and not to be such an introvert. I've learned that making friends is an important part of self-growth. I've learned that being outgoing and helpful is a wonderful growing experience; it takes you outside of your own set of problems and helps you realize everyone struggles.

I admit, I've done some things over the past year that I'm not proud of, but I am proud of the fact that I have learned to move on from them and how to change the way I handle things. Yes, I have my bad days and bad things do happen to me, but I choose not to let them make me a bitter person. I will take my five minutes, my hour, or however much time I need during the day to mope, and then I get on with life. I start finding the things that were good in the experience and that help me grow, and that is what I choose to take away from it.

In this life, I choose to be happy. I choose not to hold grudges. I choose to look for the positive in every negative situation. I choose to share my knowledge. I choose to be a better person.

1 Thoughts:

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

You choose well!!
Great way to look at life, keep it up. beeswax

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary