Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Green Light!

I forgot to post my good news from last week!

Last Friday I had to go in to the doctor one more time because I was experiencing a lot of pain, which was abnormal for being a month away from my surgery. I was told that everything was okay, and that my pain was being caused by the Super Man Birth Control my doctor had put me on after my surgery, which was three days away from being finished.

I told my doctor at that appointment that Hubs and I had decided we would wait a couple months before trying to get pregnant to give my body time to heal. He smiled at me, shook his head, and said, "Don't wait. Start trying as soon as your birth control is up." It turns out, my internal incisions should be healed around 6-8 weeks, which means I've only got 2 to go! He also told me that our best chances are going to be the next couple months because I am coming off the Super Man Birth Control. He told me that even if I did get pregnant this month, I wouldn't notice it until the end of January. Although he did say he was doubtful we would get pregnant this month because of the fact that my body is still healing.

I was totally shocked and not sure if I was happy about the idea of trying right away or not. Part of the reason we wanted to wait is because we want to go to Scotland in September, and that can't happen if we have a new baby or I am too pregnant. But after telling Hubs what the doctor said, we decided to listen to him and let things happen the way they will happen.

I know that one day this will happen for us. I have confirmation that we will eventually have children. I knew the road would be tough. Hopefully we are at the end of the disappointing part of the process. Here's to hoping!

2 Thoughts:

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

Augh Michelle what wonderful news, so happy for you, hopefully this will be it , and your scottish visit will just have to wait!!!
Maybe next time it will be for 3 people, look forward to hearing your news,good luck,
I posted up a little place on my blogg for you to visit in scotland, , but maybe 2009 before you are here, oh good just in time for Amys wedding, now that would be lovely, you would be more than welcome , even with a little bundle , speak soon michelle,regards , beeswax, aka, kath

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

your welcome, will let you know updates on my daughter, good luck to you and your husband ...

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary