Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Pictures

I have spent the last two days finishing up my Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I did 99% of my Christmas shopping back in April when Hubs and I went to the UK, but I still had some friends and Hubs to shop for. One of my cousins drove a couple hours just to go shopping with me yesterday, and we had a blast. I think one of my favorite parts of the Christmas holiday is buying things for people I think they will like. Since Hubs and I don't have kids yet and we both have good jobs, I am able to splurge a little bit on everyone, including myself. ;) I'm just glad its all done and I can spend the rest of the week relaxing and taking it easy.

Here are a couple of pictures that make it all seem even more like Christmas at my house.

Mags, chilling by the fire, sporting some doggie red eye. (She's the only kid I've got for now, so she's spoiled rotten [or whiney, if you ask Hubs].)

The mountains out my back door. It just might be a white Christmas this year. Hubs can't wait to hit the slopes!

The Christmas stockings hung on the mantle. There are already some chocolate reindeer in the socks. YUM!

Our modest Christmas tree. Its only about 4.5' tall. The monkey is a stuffed animal for Maggie for Christmas.

3 Thoughts:

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle
Thank you for your visit yesterday.
Yes.. I have had a Sally Lunns.. it is a lovely place and great tea cakes!
I would love that view of the mountains that you have there... I just LOVE mountains and hills.. with snow.. even better!
I do remember the film .. A Christmas Story.. a bit offbeat but I love that kind of humour!
Love
Michele☺

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle, I always take time to choose presents I know people are going to like, no point in giving if a little thought isn't put in, although you can forget to enjoy Xmas for yourself when you are so 'wrapped' up in everyone else, I try to have a few days to myself just to enjoy the festivities. Nothing wrong with a modest tree, we have one about the same size, size isn't important, just enjoying it is. x

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

Hi , what a view from your house, it is breathtaking, I am so envious! meg looks so cozy infront of the fire and your xmas tree and stockings just give the whole feel of Xmas in your home, just lovely Michelle.
Glad you enjoyed your day out with friend, and why not indulge yourself now and again, you obviously work hard for it too..
Bye for now, Kath xx

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary