Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Only an Infertile

Only an infertile looks forward to AF by checking off days on a calendar.

Only an infertile knows what day she will ovulate two cycles down the road.

Only an infertile can be upset when she ovulates late and it throws off her cycle.

Only an infertile can be on tender hooks waiting for a sonohystrogram and a date with the oh-so-friendly dildo cam (sorry mom and dad).

Only an infertile can look back at the past year and know exactly which days she ovulated, and which days AF showed up.

Only an infertile looks forward to peeing on a stick as much as they do going home from work at the end of the day and hopes for a positive result (sorry again mom and dad).

Only an infertile writes a blog post about her uterus.

While infertility really sucks... BIG TIME... it helps to see the funny side of it. Sure I could let myself be eaten up by the fact that my uterus is defective and fights me at every turn, or I can make fun of it and throw jabs at it every chance I get.

Stupid scarred uterus thwarting my dreams of motherhood. Whatever, I'll show you! I will MAKE you make babies! Cause if you don't, I'll have you cut open... again. And don't you think I won't do it, cause we've already done this three times, so I dare you to call my bluff.

Scalpel!

I'm not sure if my uterus has been mocking me this past month by ovulating a day late and then having a 14-day LP when it only ever had a 12-day LP before, or if it is just feeling really sorry for itself since the surgery 6.5 weeks ago. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and go with the latter. Needless to say, my normal 31-day cycle has become 34 days this month, pushing back when I can get my sonohystrogram done (which is scheduled for next Thursday!!!), and further pushing back when Hubs and I can try for #2 (read: my ticker is wrong now).

Infertility, I shake my fist at you!

4 Thoughts:

Kahla said... [Reply to comment]

Hmmm, may have to steal, ahem borrow, this topic for my blog because it is oh, so true! I hope that the delay doesn't throw you off too much, always seems AF only shows when you DON'T want her too. Wishing you lots of luck!

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry your cycle is messing with your future plans, I so know how even a day off can just mess with things, ugh!! And this list is SO SO true...my calendar would have x's and highlighted days all over it, and then of course scratched out days when AF didn't go according to plan, needless to say it wasn't a very pretty organizer, hah! Hey, but either way you are getting closer every day!!

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

I say you take your uterus and punch it in the cooter! That's what it gets for making your ticker all effed up now!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

You are seriously the cutest thing ever. :) This made me laugh...thanks!!

So sorry your cycle's messed up! Stupid uterus. :(

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary