Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Not Convinced

I got a call back from Dr. D's nurse after she had had a chance to talk to him. She told me he wants to come in and be seen next Tuesday. The reason I wouldn't go in on Monday is because he works in a clinic that is about 45 minutes from my work that day, whereas on Tuesday he works at one that is only 15 minutes away. I asked her if I needed to be worried, especially where the blood is red and continues to be so. She said she didn't think so, as long as it isn't heavy and doesn't smell foul, which would be an indication of an infection. Before she hung up, she said Dr. D might call me later.

About an hour or so later, Dr. D did call me back. He said he wasn't too concerned, and that he thinks perhaps the catheter used to insert the saline irritated the uterine lining. I asked if he thought we would still be okay to start trying next month, or if this could be a set back. He said he felt sure we would be fine, and so I breathed a sigh of relief.

The way Hubs and I see it, Dr. D wasn't concerned enough about the bleeding to have me be seen today, or even on Monday, so everything must be okay. Right? I told myself that the bleeding would probably let up by the end of the day anyway, and that it will probably stop all together by Tuesday.

It hasn't let up. Its still coming, and its still bright red, which means it is still actively bleeding in there. On top of that, the area is tender. It's tender when I walk or move around, and it's tender to the touch. Bottom line, I'm not convinced everything is okay. It could be, but I have to be honest and say I'm a little bit worried that this is going to throw things off and force us to wait even longer before starting to try again.

There isn't one damn thing I can do about it though. Even worrying about it isn't going to help. All I can do is not stress until I can get in to see Dr. D on Tuesday, and then go from there. I just pray that everything is fine. Please God, let everything be fine. I am so tired of waiting. I've waited long enough.

8 Thoughts:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I hope your Dr is right and everything will be fine. I will be praying for you and your appt on Tuesday - I hope you can get some answers and reassurance that all is well. I really hope August is your month, you deserve it to be!!!!

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking about you lady, and praying on my end... hopefully it's nothing.

Jess said... [Reply to comment]

Praying that the bleeding stops and that all is well.

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry for this setback, Chelle. :( Hopefully, it's nothing serious, just a minor irritation. *hugs*

christine said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, I'm hoping your doctor is right and everything will be just fine. Best of luck as you begin TTC #2!!

ICLW #27

Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

I'm saying a few extra prayers for you and hoping that everything goes well Tuesday.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

You definitely have waited long enough. I'll be praying for you so hard!!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the doc is right and the bleeding is nothing to worry about, Chelle. You have definitely waited long enough to try again...I'm hoping for no more set backs.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary