Last Friday at work I had to read through the updated employee handbook. It was mandatory. *yawn* As I was reading through, I came across all of the reasons an employee would need to be out for any period of time, excluding vacations. There was a section in there about jury duty. Silly me, I actually laughed as I thought to myself, "I have been a registered voter since I was 18 and never had to do jury duty at home the whole time I lived there. I have now been in Texas for 2.5 years. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I got jury duty here, but never did in the 10 years I was a registered voter at home?"
Guess what was in my mailbox when I got home that day?
I KID YOU NOT!
I have been summoned for jury duty next month. LOL!
The question now is do I tick the box that says yes, I want to be on a jury, or do I go in and tell them I am a member of the NRA who is all for the death penalty and I only like people with blonde hair and blue eyes? Okay, I'm totally kidding on the last one, but it is funny to think about going in and saying that to see how quickly they can thank me for my time and send me on my way.
Decisions, decisions....






10 Thoughts:
I only ever got picked for jury duty when I was in school and I couldn't go... I'm actually kind of jealous you get to go! :)
ha, that's so weird!!
I was summoned in IN after I had moved to IL, so I've never had to go. Interested to hear how this goes for you!
Oh my gosh! That is so funny! Me personally. . . I'd do the NRA plot. Hee hee. :)
HAhaha, i always tell the courts that until I'm perfect I don't judge. They hate that.
I've been summoned 3 times but managed to get out of each with legitimate excuses. I'd go if I could, though. How funny.
I have only been summoned twice for jury duty and as it happened, I was going overseas on both occasions so have never served! The curious part of me thinks it would be something to try but the cynical part of me thinks that it could be excrutiatingly boring or scary!!
Oh yeah... I forgot I got summoned too... except my summons was for Arizona and I had already moved to Texas. Therefore I had to decline as I may have been severely late if I had to drive 18 hours to get there. :P
I too have never been called for Jury Duty and I'm now nearly (cough) 42, yet others I know have been called more than once, isn't that funny LOL
I don't know. In Tx, Option #2 might get you on the jury faster than Option #1. Lol!
I totally agree with Marla, LOL! And I do have to say I am strangely jealous. Darn near ALL my friends have been assinged jury duty except me. I guess I shouldn't complain, LOL!
Post a Comment