I am a strong woman who has been struggling to become a mother since being labeled an Infertile back in October of 2006. In 2007, I underwent surgery in which I was positively diagnosed with extensive and moderate endometriosis and PCOS. In 2008, I overcame my infertility and became pregnant with my daughter who was born in 2009. In 2010, my infertility reared its ugly head again in a new way, once again slowing the progress of adding to our family and requiring further surgery. Refusing to be beaten by the Infertile lot life has handed me, I choose to fight with grace, positivity, and determination. This Infertile is successfully navigating the land of infertility to building her family.
** The future is hidden from us by infinite wisdom, Molly, or else I should like to know it; one would calculate one's behavior at the present time so much better if one only knew what events were to come. ~Elizabeth Gaskell (Wives and Daughters)
** So apt are people to look forward to a different kind of life from that to which they have been accustomed, as being free from care and trial! ~Elizabeth Gaskell (Wives and Daughters)
** Madam your wife and I didn't hit it off the only time I ever saw her. I won't say she was silly, but I think one of us was silly, and it wasn't me. ~Elizabeth Gaskell (Wives and Daughters)
9/07 - New doctor will only continue with current cycle on the grounds we undergo IUI. Underwent IUI, not hopeful. BFN. Opt for laparoscopy.
10/07 - Undergo laproscopy, positive diagnosis and removal of moderate endometriosis, positive diagnosis of PCOS, ovarian drilling, removal of uterine septum, and removal of swollen appendix (surprise!)
1/08 - Its time for a change and a break from infertility
2/08 - Get new job, move to Texas - Baby on hold
4/08 - Wonky cycle returns, schedule appointment with new doctor
5/5/08 - Meet new doctor - Surprise! We're pregnant!
2/09 - Baby Bean is born!
2/09 - Learn of uterine rupture during c-section, could prevent future pregnancies, informed we WILL be on birth control to prevent pregnancy and slow progression of endometriosis regrowth
3/09 - Given green light to try for future pregnancies in 1 year's time, informed future pregnancies high risk
7/09 IUD placed -- The 6-month wait begins...
2/4/10 - IUD Removed; Big mistake
2/19/10 - Sonogram reveals there is no uterine muscle around the rupture; TTC is out of the question; exploring surgery to repair it
3/23/10 - Meeting an RE to talk surgery - outlook bleak
4/4/10 - MRI performed to determine extent of weak spot
4/9/10 - Meet with doctors at May.o Clini.c for second opnion - GREEN LIGHT FOR PREGNANCY after surgery!
5/28/10 - Surgery to repair weak spot
6/15/10 - Meeting with High Risk OB to map our battle plan for pregnancy
7/10 - All clear from RE to start trying in 8/10
12/10 - Officially back in the trenches - lining isn't thickening without medical assistance due to metroplasty surgery in May
1/7/11 - Infertility wins again. AF MIA at 18dpo due to estrogen patches used to increase lining thickness
3/31/11 - One more for infertility. False positive pregnancy test and AF MIA at 17dpo - reasons unknown
5/10/11 - Score one for infertility again. AF MIA at 22dpo - AF forced into showing via Provera - Throwing in the towel and taking a break!
8/4/11 - We've been trying for a year. I'm offically handed the "Infertile" title again.
5 Thoughts:
So cute! Look at all that hair!
I love the picture of her with her mouth wide open. CUTE GIRL!
Oh my goodness, she is SO sweet!!! Just adorable, I love the first one, she is SO expressive, looks like she's talking right to you.
So grown up with her hair clipped back!
How is she feeling about solid food?
Oh my gosh! Such personality. I love it. :-D
Post a Comment