Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Latest Milestones

This past weekend was a crazy roller coaster ride with Baby Bean. Why? Because she has officially cut her first two teeth! I figured she was teething about a month or so ago when she had all of the tell tale signs, but nothing ever surfaced... until Friday night when she was happily munching on my finger and I realized I could feel the beginnings of teeth. We had company over when I noticed, so I didn't feel it appropriate to react the way I wanted to, which was to go "Yay!" and then cry because my little girl is growing up too quickly.

I was a fool over the weekend too. I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday night reading blog after blog for ICLW, thinking I could just sleep in the next day or nap when Baby Bean did. Ha! She showed me. She woke up two hours early both mornings, as well as woke up with a screaming fit one of the nights around 1:30 in the morning. I got so little sleep over the weekend it wasn't even funny. By the time Sunday night rolled around, I was in bed early.

I did get in trouble with Hubs when I went in to check on Baby Bean Saturday night because she woke up screaming. I went in and her shrill cries cut my to my core. I couldn't handle listening to her scream in pain, so I picked her up, held her tightly to me, and rocked her back to sleep. The next morning Hubs was upset with me for picking her up. Especially because she then woke up two hours early the next morning screaming again. I went to her that time as well. I gave her some Tyl.enol, rocked her a bit, put her back in her crib with her mobile playing and tried to go back to bed for a couple of hours. Again, ha! I didn't sleep a wink. She was awake and cranky as hell. Poor little thing.

Hubs and I also noticed this past week that she is probably only a couple weeks away from crawling. She has figured out how to get her knees under her and then pushes back and forth. It is only a matter of time before she figures out that she can move those hands and knees to go in a forward motion. Time to baby proof the house!

But the best thing of all that she has learned to do is say, "Mama!" She has actually been doing this for about a month or so. At first she didn't realize she was saying it, but I think she is figuring out lately that I am mama. She is in the beginning phases of separation anxiety, so when I put her down and walk out of sight she yells, "Mama! Mama!" until I come back to show her I haven't gone anywhere. She is no longer content to lay on her play mat and play with toys. She would rather sit in her high chair in the kitchen with me while I cook or clean, right where she can see me.

One of my favorite things to do with her is sit her up on my bed while I fold laundry, and with a baby, there is always a load of laundry to fold. She sits there and plays with a set of toys reserved for that exact location while we listen to toddler tunes on the TV and I fold away. Once I'm done, we play for a bit on the bed and both of us giggle.

She is a very snugly and curious little girl. She loves to snug into my arms during her bottle feedings, occasionally stopping to look around. She LOVES the dogs, but especially Sadie. If the dogs stop what they are doing to look at her, she smiles and squeals with delight. Occasionally we will let the dogs lick her hands and feet, but it is only because it sends her into fits of laughter. She loves doggie licks (we promptly wash her hands and feet afterward!).

So there you have it, Baby Bean's latest and greatest milestones!

12 Thoughts:

Astrid said... [Reply to comment]

This is adorable. Your story is inspiring and reading your latest daily achievements with your daughter is giving me hope that I'll have it too one day. Happy ICLW!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I cant wait for a photo with a big toothy grin!

Eileen said... [Reply to comment]

I just found your blog recently and love reading about your baby. Can't wait to read more!

*ICLW*

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

So precious! :-D

That's exciting that she's teething. . . but I'm sorry to hear baby bean is in some pain because of it. And sorry you didn't get much sleep. Often when I'm sleeping in, I'm thinking to myself, "once our baby is home, this will probably end!" I guess I'll try to enjoy it while I can.
:-D

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

How sweet and lovely! Her first words are Mama. You are one lucky lady :)

Kristin said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like your are in an exciting time with Baby Bean. Enjoy it all.

Happy ICLW

Stephanie said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you don't mind a comment from a newbie! You probably already have these...We went and bought some of those rings with water that freeze. Seemed to help our babes though the teething pain. Made me feel like I was helping too.

Loved reading through some of your blog today!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I love it all. I can't wait to see pictures of her new teeth or a video of her crawling. She is so adorable. I love that she says mama. Don't be so sad about her growing up. Just enjoy it while you can. New and exciting things will happen and you will charish those moments.

A.K. said... [Reply to comment]

teeth and almost crawling... those are some big milestones! i love that she wants to be right in the center of everything- so cute!

~Ifer said... [Reply to comment]

I love reading your story, and hearing about your lovely baby... good luck with the teething :)

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

The teething sounds just terrible! I am dreading it so badly. I hope she is feeling better. Amazing how big she is getting! MAMA?!?! I love that! I cannot wait to her my little girl say it. Gosh, they just grow like weeds before our eyes, don't they?
*hugs*

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

I wouldn't fault you for picking her up, especially if she is teething. Poor babe!
I hope the teething settles down soon and goes a bit easier on her.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary