While I am a little sad my baby is growing up so quickly, I am also very happy to watch her do so. Each day she seems to learn something new or to become interested in an object in a new way. I love watching her hit her milestones, and I love being proud of her.
Here are just a few pictures of my darling baby girl, showing off in all of her new Big Girl Gear.
Time for the Big Girl Stroller. No more of that infant car seat crap for me!
Jumping like a crazy lady in her jumparoo. She LOVES this thing.
Sitting up all on her own on mom's bed.
"When can dad put this in the car? Its really roomy."
We opted for a booster seat rather than a high chair to save on space now and in storage.
The only thing she doesn't like is that she can't get the toys in her mouth.
In other news, I got my IUD today. It was kind of emotional for me, as I feel like it was more of a necessary evil being forced upon me. I realize it is all my decision, but considering our situation, it was the best solution to our problem right now. My doctor is an absolute doll and I love her to pieces. She was very sweet the whole time and told me I could absolutely have it removed in 6 months. I asked about the potential of the IUD scooting up and implanting in the scar tissue from the rupture (which she could feel during my exam), and she said she thought we would be okay, but we're going to do an ultrasound at my follow-up in two weeks just to be safe. Then we'll do another ultrasound in the fall to check the progress of the scar, and again in 6 months before we remove the IUD to make sure the light is still green. I told her I had read my surgery notes and asked if she thought we would have a problem getting pregnant again when we are ready, knowing how extensive the surgery was, and she said not at all.
As far as the procedure went, it wasn't as bas as an IUI, but I still wouldn't sign up for it again if I didn't have to. I definitely didn't feel up to going back to work afterward due to the cramping and nausea, so I went home and took a two-hour nap with Baby Bean snuggled in my arms.
In some ways the IUD is a relief. I am now in a place where I can't worry about anything conception-related. No OPKs, no pregnancy scares, no pregnancy tests. For once my brain can let it all go. It doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant, not getting pregnant, or keeping a baby inside and growing for 9 months. I get a full-on break. I intend to completely enjoy my baby for the next 6 months, and think about nothing else but her and Hubs.






5 Thoughts:
You know it is totally weird how unintentionally involved you can find yourself in someone's life that you havent met. On Monday (I think?) I was in the shower pondering the day and I thought, "I wonder if Chelle has had her IUD yet?" As quick as I thought it, it was gone again but totally weird that it even popped into my head lol.
It's worth it to give your body rest and recovery so you can have baby bean v2.0 sometime in the future! Especially coz v1.0 is so freaking adorable! I think the photo of her ont he bed is gorgeous.
She is SO cute. And SO big! How fast she is growing. I am glad everything is going so well with her. What a little dollface.
Glad you got the IUD done and over with. I shudder at the thought. But it is done for you!! =)
I love the head of hair on your baby girl. So much, and so adorable.
Sounds like the IUD was kind of bittersweet. I hope if nothing else you really enjoy the not thinking about pregnancy aspect of it, at least for the next 6 months. That's the best part for me. Not analyzing every twing my body gets. It's kind of a relief for the time being. I hope it is for you as well. :-D
I'm glad you are able to take a break from things and just enjoy your time with Baby Bean. She will love all of your attention. I'm sorry that it hurt when you got your IUD in. I hope you enjoy having it though. I can't beleive how big Baby Bean has gotten. She is so adorable. I love that we have the same seat. It also doesn't surprise me that you have purple pillows! lol
Oh my goodnes, look at all that hair!
Post a Comment