Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Imma Loon

Crazy, neurotic me got what I wanted and needed today. My positive OPK. Its a day late, but I knew after testing last night that today would be the day because I got the faintest hint of pink. Yeah, I was pretty stoked. I can now go into the next six months feeling okay about things. I got the confirmation I needed to put my mind at ease. Thank God.

Last time I was at my doctor's office I requested a copy of my records from my previous OB. The ones that chronicled our journey from the first day I set foot in the infertility clinic to the month before I moved to Texas. I got the call today that they are ready to be picked up. $44. It will be worth it.

I want to know what the first doctor had to say for her actions. Why she left us on chlomid for so long, and especially after the doctor she worked under told me that he had asked her if she had any of her patients on it for more than 3 months and she promised him she did not. We had been on it for 6 by that time, and she was going to leave me on it for 6 more. No joke. That was why I changed doctors. The look on his face when I told him I had been on it for 6 told me all I needed to know. She had no clue what she was doing. He was mad and so was I. I'm pretty sure she got a talking to the following Monday. I'm sure he also told her I was no longer her patient. If you don't already know, being on chlomid for more than 3 months starts to DECREASE your chances of getting pg. You have a lifetime maxiumum of 3 months for that stuff.

That explains why she was always so apologetic when my cycles were completely abnormal. That explains why SHE was almost in tears the month her treatments gave me 24 follies. TWENTY FOUR! Yes, I was hurting that cycle and did for the next two months.

I also want my surgery notes. The doctor who performed the surgery (which was the one I switched to) might have given them to me at my follow-up appointment, but I don't remember. I'm pretty sure all he gave me was pictures from my lap. I want to know exactly what he found and where. I want to know exactly how many holes were drilled in each ovary. I want to know about the septum that was removed. I still trust him and his treatments. I just don't remember all of the details, and I want to. I just want to know.

I'm not stressing about any of this. I just want to get a better picture of what I am up against. My current doctor told me she couldn't tell how fast the endo would come back, but that it would. I want the last doctor's notes to see if he put what he thought in them. I don't remember how extensive he said it was, outside of telling me it was moderate. I want to know how much time I have.

I am really interested to see my charts. I'm willing the last hour and a half of work away so I can skip out and go get them. This ought to be interesting....

2 Thoughts:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on your positive OPK! That is great news. :-D

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad that you got the positive on the OPK. I know you were super stressed about that.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary