Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

No Luck

I have determined that I can control the weather with my emotions. Apparently I am a very powerful woman who didn't know the strength behind my moods. If I am happy, the sun is out. If I am upset, storm clouds appear out of no where. If I am really upset, strong gusts of wind accompany the clouds, rain appears, and they begin testing the tornado sirens.

Okay, so maybe I can't control the weather, but it sure feels that way lately.

Last Friday one of my best friends came over to take pictures of Baby Bean for her 6-month photo shoot. This is the very same friend who took Baby Bean's 3-month photos, shown in this post. However, Mother Nature had other plans.

We started out the evening by wining and dining my friend at the local tapanyaki grill to thank her for her time and talents. By the time we got home and out to take pictures, it was too overcast and dark to get very many shots. We got a few, but not what we wanted. We rescheduled for Sunday, which dawned beautiful and cloudless. But alas, my friend came down very ill. Once again we rescheduled for Wednesday. The day was perfect. Then I had a rough afternoon, and the clouds rolled in at 4:00. Even though when I had checked the weather an hour before it said 0% chance of rain and predicted nothing but a sunny, cloudless sky. By 5:00 the winds were gusting. By 6:45 it was raining. By 6:46, our plans were changed yet again for tonight.

The weather tonight toyed with us for a bit, teetering on the possibility of being overcast, but decided to be merciful. I wish that someone had told Baby Bean that she was not allowed to be overcast. The poor little girl is teething and her sleep patterns are all messed up, which gives her mood swings like unto her mother's when she doesn't get sleep. One minute she is the happiest baby ever, and the next she is screaming her head off from the discomfort of the teeth. Tonight all we got was borderline cranky pants. On top of which, we headed out too late and the evening light washed out a lot of the pictures that would have otherwise been perfect.

Again, we got a few great pictures, and are going to try yet a fifth time on Saturday or Sunday. It HAS to go right next time, doesn't it? Please! All I want are some fantastic black and white, professional-looking pictures of my gorgeous baby girl half way through her first year of life.

The 3-month shoot was so flawless that we apparently got spoiled. Really spoiled.

I am further spoiled by my friend's willingness to help me out. She is saving me a ton of money by taking the pictures for me, and she is doing a million times better than any photographer I could pay. I have a few ideas on how to show her my appreciation. Please take a minute to vote in the poll and help me decide what would knock her socks off and help her realize how very much I appreciate her.

Once we get our good shoot in, I will make a little video and post it, hopefully this weekend.

5 Thoughts:

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

GORGEOUS!! BB looks like a little doll, and you look beautiful too :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That is a beautiful picture. Can't wait to see the rest. :-D

A.K. said... [Reply to comment]

what a sweet picture! good luck with your next time- this one is going to be PERFECT i can feel it!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Your little goddess got her looks from her Mommy! You are such a hottie. I love the pictures that your friend takes. She does a great job. It sucks that you haven't had much luck getting the pictures done this time. Hopefully the next time works out good for you.

seussgirl said... [Reply to comment]

I was torn between the chocolates and the vase. The chocolates sound yummy, and who doesn't love H&D? But making a vase sounds more heartfelt...
can't wait to see more pics!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary