Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can a Woman Catch a Break?!

Guess who got pulled over on their way to work again this morning?

That would be me.

AGAIN!

And once again, I didn't do anything wrong.

I was shocked when the cop turned her lights on. What the F did I do?! Nothing! I pulled over, wondering if I had a tail light out, thankful I had replaced my expired registration sticker the night before.

When she came up to the window I informed her I hadn't done anything wrong. Why was she pulling me over? She refused to answer my question until she had my license and registration in hand, after which she told me I ran a stop sign.

EXCUSE ME?!

How long am I supposed to sit at a stop sign before it is considered safe to proceed without being pulled over? 60 seconds? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

I came to a full and complete stop. So much so, that I accidentally popped my clutch when I started through the intersection.

I sat in my car and sobbed while she was back in her car writing up my ticket. You see, cops are crap here. They don't let you off for anything. Not even if they know they are wrong. You got pulled over, you get a ticket. Period.

So let's recap: I got a speeding ticket two months ago, got in an accident a month ago, and now I have a fresh ticket from this morning, which by the way already started out crappy because I felt like deuce and considered calling in sick due to the wonderful cramps and nausea my IUD has brought on. Guess I should have called in sick.

The fee for running a stop sign: $204.

Bite me. I'm not paying it.

I called my husband's aunt who is an attorney in this wonderful state of Texas and asked her for legal advice. I told her about my previous ticket and how I had opted for deferred adjudication, since I couldn't prove the school zone lights weren't flashing and figured I wouldn't get another ticket before my probation for that one was up. I've been here for over a year and didn't get a ticket until two months ago.

She told me to fax her my ticket and to not worry about anything other than taking care of her beautiful niece. She told me she would take care of the ticket and it wouldn't hit my record.

I am still pissed beyond pissed though. Every time I see a cop I'm going to freak out now because I keep getting pulled over for not doing anything wrong. Is it because my car has eczema, so they just assume I'm WT? If I get it repainted will they leave me the hell alone? Or do I need to go buy a Le.xus or a Be.amer to get off? Perhaps that is the problem with living in an affluent city and driving a car that cost less than $35k when it was brand new.

Perhaps it is just that cops here have nothing better to do with their time than try to meet monthly quotas due by the 15th of every month. They certainly seem to have an overabundance of bored ones. If there is no crime to fight, can't they transfer a few dozen to a precinct that has more crime than they can handle? Or perhaps they should quit hiring cops from New York City and that aren't complete robots.

Maybe I should just trade in my car for a bike. But then I would just get a ticket for having too much oil in my chain, or my butt being too big for the seat. They will obviously find SOME reason to pull me over, made up or not.

To my fellow drivers, I apologize in advance. I WILL be that annoying person. The one who buries the needle at the speed limit. The one who sits forever and a day at stop signs. The one who stares at green lights, wondering if it is okay to proceed through the intersection. I am seriously jaded and angry. Have I accurately conveyed that yet?

Update:
In an attemtp to cheer me up, a coworker sent me to the following video on YouTube. Freaking awesomly hilarious. Very well put! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpoD6N782s I'm going to go watch it again... and bookmark it....

4 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Totally shitty, I'm sorry you had a bad start to your day!

*that is her limit of being supportive when it is 1:14am lol*

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Awww! Bummer! I am so sorry. :( Stupid police officers suck ass. I hope your aunt can fix it straight up for you. They do seem to have a vendetta around here, don't they? I drive a sporty red sedan that just seems to catch their stupid eyes, too.
Hope your days gets better.
*hugs*

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

WTH!?! Stupid TX cops. Too bad we can't write them a ticket for being A$$ holes! I bet if you were to wait forever at a stop sign/light they would find a reason to write you a ticket. If you got a fast looking car they would pull you over just because you look fast parked in your drive way.

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

LOL! You are so right. I figure I will probably get another ticket soon for sitting for too long at stop signs. In which case, Hubs said I could go after them for giving me one for supposedly running it and then turning around and saying I sat there for too long. Freaking a-holes.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary