The next morning at work (Friday morning), I was at my new best friend's desk having a good chat about eye prescriptions, when I decided both of us had better get back to work. I stood up to go, and fell over. The only reason I didn't fall to the floor was because my friend was sitting in the direction I fell. I didn't think much about it because I do actually have a tendency to fall asleep while moving when I don't get enough sleep for long periods of time. Yes, its very strange, I know. I will fall asleep while walking or moving for a few split seconds, complete with dreams, and then wake up. I figured my falling spell was one of those moments. However, when I got back to my desk I realized I was actually quite dizzy, but figured it would go away. About half an hour later I went to the loo, and as I was exiting the stall, had another dizzy spell where the only reason I didn't fall to the floor was because I was in a tiny bathroom stall. Now I was a teense worried, but still thought it was no big deal. After trying to battle the dizziness for the next few hours, and informing a few coworkers of my condition (one of whom informed my manager), I finally went and asked if I could please go home for the day. The response was that I could absolutely go. I took a 3-hour nap upon arriving home, but it did not help the dizziness one fig. I didn't let it completely ruin my night, however. We decided that instead of going to dinner, we would go get dinner and go home. By about 9:00 last night I was feeling well enough that we hit a movie, and I only regretted that decision for about 10 minutes after the lights were turned down and my head was spinning.
The only explanation I have for the dizziness is that I must have picked up a bug during my visit to Target Optical, or I had a very strange type of migraine, which wouldn't be unheard of seeing as I had one about two weeks ago where I lost all of the vision in my right eye for about an hour or so, and then spent the rest of the night being pretty much nauseous and sensitive to movement in any form. I've just never had a migraine that had dizziness as the only symptom.
I felt totally fine this morning, but at around 3:00 this afternoon the dizziness returned while we were at Lowes picking up yet a few more items for the house. Within about an hour of the dizzy onset, I was asleep in bed for the next two hours, and now I feel like I've just gone through a crazy workout at the gym. My muscles all feel fatigued, and my lungs feel like they've had a good workout. I guess I'll just ride it out over the weekend and see if it goes away. Hopefully I'll feel better by Monday because we are having a "team building" activity for work where the entire R&D team is going to the lake for the day. I would really hate to miss out on that, especially when they are counting on me bringing my inflatable kayaks. *sigh*






2 Thoughts:
Oh Chelle, that does not sound good, you poor thing. I reckon you need to check that out! I hope there is a simple explanation for it.
Feel better
Go to the doctor crazy girl!!!
Do you think it might be that you're having trouble adjusting to the new prescription? I had the problem with even reading glasses that changed. They made me feel dizzy. But the other stuff doesn't sound good either. :(
I hope it goes away soon.
Post a Comment