4 Things I Did 10 Years Ago (1998)
- The biggest thing that sticks out in my mind from 1998 is that I was still getting over the breakup of my first love, the only other guy I have ever loved besides my husband, and the only other guy to ever hear the "L" word from my lips. Because I was still getting over him, I refused to date anyone because I just wanted to be left alone by guys.
- My view of myself and who I was did a complete 180 and for the first time in my life I realized what a wonderful person I was and began to love me just the way I was. I learned more about myself and life in that year than any other year of my existence, and all thanks to losing my first love. I wouldn't change a thing.
- Once my ban on dating lifted I had the summer of "NCMOs" (Non-Commital Make Outs). I made out with guys all summer long just for the fun of making out.
- That fall at college I dated a guy who would become one of my very best friends up until I met and married my sweetie. Even though we ended up living in different states, he would still travel down to spend the weekend with me on occasion.
4 Things I Did 5 Years Ago (2003)
- I was cementing my best friendship with my new best friend who is one of the most wonderful guys I've ever known. We would go out every Friday and have some of the best fun I've ever had. We were totally carefree and up for anything. We usually ended up having deep conversations over dinner and going to hilarious movies or just hanging out about downtown. He stood in as best man at one of our wedding receptions (we had two).
- I went on a blinde date with a guy who was a Marine and decided I thought he would be worth looking into, only to have him called away to active duty three days later. I got a call from my cousin, who had set me up with the Marine, 6 months later to ask on behalf of the Marine if I still wanted to date him when he got home. That began another 3 months of correspondence while I waited (and dated 3 other guys non-commitally) for him to get home so I could see if he was what I thought he had the potential to be. He wasn't. LOL! But the makeouts sure were fun while they lasted! >:D
- I frequently took my pooch, Roo, on hikes up in the mountains with my best friend. Our favorite hike was when we got caught in a downpour and were all completely soaked by the time we got back to the car.
- I really can't think of anything else that happened in that year.
4 Things I Did Yesterday
- I went to dinner at a local Texmex restaurant and shared chicken fajitas with Hubs on the patio.
- I played fetch with Maggie until she fell down from exhaustion.
- I FINALLY got to play my new SIMS 2 Vacation expansion pack.
- I called my dad and cried because I miss him.
4 Shows I Love to Watch
- Little People, Big World
- Jon and Kate Plus 8
- Ghost Hunters
- Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
4 Things I Love to Do
- Snuggle with Hubs
- Snuggle with Maggie
- Sleep
- Spend money (per Hubs [he thinks this should be #1])
I tag (if you see this post and want to play): Mel, from Lost, But Still Wandering; Mel, from Where's My Belly?; KEI, from Hoping for Grace; and Kara.






4 Thoughts:
I need a diversion and totally want to play - thanks :-)
Hope things are looking up!
I never get sick of your posts chickie! Pour your heart out. It's ok. :) I liked learning more about you though. Love the NCMO's. haha. I've often thought I should have had more of those in my youth. I was way too serious. ;-) Problem is, most of the guys that wanted to date me thought they were in LOVE, and I certainly didn't want to fuel any hormone obsessed delusions. ugh.
Hey Chelle,
I'll give 4 things a go over the weekend. Thanks for sharing yours, how funny, the NCMO's, I've had a few of them in my past too ;)
Hope you're feeling ok :)
I am so addicted to Sims 2. I'm so glad to hear you enjoy that game as well. I have the Open for Business, and University expansion packs. I'm excited to try the Vacation one.
Don't forget, in 2003, you met the fabulous Melissa!
Post a Comment