I will start out by saying that the dizziness has persisted into its third day. I had really, really hoped that it would just go away, but much to my dismay, it hangs on and persists. Granted I have yet to fall over again, and it seems to kind of come and go. One minute I will be fine, and the next I will feel dizzy and slightly nauseated. However, I refused to spend my weekend sleeping and sitting or laying down, so I went about all of my normal activities anyway. I figure if it is still hanging on tomorrow, then I will call a doctor. I would have thought that it was caused by the new contact prescription and my eyes trying to adjust, but I actually have yet to wear the new prescription. I only opened my current pair of lenses about a week ago and refuse to waste them, so I will wear them until I normally would have thrown them away before moving onto the 'script. UPDATE: I went to the dr today and she said the dizziness was brought on by a nasty migraine and could last a couple more days yet. Fantastic!
In response to a couple of comments on a previous post about my "blooming size" I should have stuck a sentence in there that said I am currently pushing from a size 4 to a size 6. While this doesn't seem big to most people, I was a size 0 when I got married over 2.5 years ago, and the excess fattie tissue is driving me insane. On top of that, I have been asked the horrifying question, "Are you pregnant?" in response my weight gain. I don't want to be accused of being something I am not; therefore, the weight MUST be shed, and to my relief, seems to slowly be making its way back off my frame. I just wish it would go faster!
I have noticed that since we have been in Texas, Maggie has been a better mood meter of my current feelings than I give her credit for. I noticed that during the week when I decided to give up on my dream of motherhood, Mags was as depressed as I was. It didn't matter how much I tried to fake to her that I was fine by trying to razz her or play with her, she saw right through my fake exterior and continued to be depressed. It wasn't until I came home from work one day, completely determined to be in a good mood and let the whole baby thing go, that her mood perked up. All of a sudden my Happy Baby was back. She wanted to play, be feisty, go on walks, and was in an overall playful mood. The difference for both of us was night and day. I am almost ashamed that I tried to trick her into not being depressed when she knew exactly how I felt. I sure love my little girl. I've said it before, and I can never say it enough, but there is nothing in this world like a good dog, and Mags is one of the best.
I realized this weekend that AF is due to rear her ugly head tomorrow, just in time for our "team building" activity at the lake for work. Not only that, but she will be here and in full swing for my doctor appointment on Thursday. I guess I'm not too bummed that my coworkers won't get to see me in a swimming suit tomorrow. I am able to hide my insecurities (i.e., fat) well when fully dressed, and I would really like to keep that thin perception they all have of me intact.
I have found a new favorite food craving the past few weeks that I just can't get enough of: edamame. The first time I ever tried edamame was at a Pei Wei with my dad and two coworkers from a previous job the week before we moved. All four of us were hooked on the tasty treat and couldn't eat enough. I hadn't had it again between now and about a week ago. It tasted every bit as good as I remembered. I've had it as a snack about 4 times since then. My favorite way to eat is to just cover it in some kosher salt and heat it up in the microwave. Tasty!
My latest house accomplishment was to install a brand spanking new, quiet in-sink-erator (disposal). I think something crawled into the one that came with the house and died because every time I would get near the sink it would smell like rotting animal carcass no matter what I did to get rid of the smell. About a month ago I shelled out $130 for a new, quiet, low vibration, super disposal and finally got around to putting it in today. Yes girls, I did it 98% all by myself. I had Hubs stand over me to help me out when I didn't completely understand the directions, and with the exception of one install step (Hubs had to hold it up to the sink while I secured it), I did the whole installation by myself. Yep, I am quite pleased with myself. :D
Well, on with another week. Here's to hoping its a good one for all of us.






5 Thoughts:
(psst: new blog addy: oursimplicity.blogspot.com)
I like how you did this post. It's a treat with every paragraph.
I have suffered from dizzy trouble for years. It's truly a frightening thing to deal with. It took a long time for the doctors to figure out what my problem is, and I'm glad that I have things under control before I lost more of my hearing (I lost quite a bit of hearing in my left ear). I'm really glad you're seeing a doctor about yours. I hope things turn out good for you!
I hope you're feeling better soon! Let us know how you're doing when you have some time!!
Yuck on the dizziness! Hope you feel better soon.
PS Edemambe ROCKS! I love the stuff too.
This woman does DIY, I would never attempt something like that. I am not surprised Mags senses your moods. You two must have a very strong connection. I haven't heard of what you have been snacking on, I shall have to look that one up? I do hope the dizzy spells have disappeared now, I suffer from them too and you never know if you might end up on the deck! x
Post a Comment