I do want to clarify one thing before I go any further. I realize in my last post I mentioned that I had given up hope of ever being a mother when I got my positive pg test. I don't for a minute think that is the reason we conceived. I know it was because my surgery 7 months ago was finally a success. I also can't help but wonder if our baby is a little boy who takes after his daddy and just didn't want to show up until he could be conceived and born in Texas. :p
I FINALLY got my lab results back today. I was supposed to go to the hospital on Saturday to get my second set of labs done to ensure my counts were rising properly, but the hospital wouldn't draw my blood because my doctor didn't put on her order "for diagnosis of pregnancy." I called her office first thing Monday morning to find out what I needed to do, and by 3:00 that afternoon they still had not returned my call. Frustrated, I called her office again, got the run-around, had to call two different offices a total of three times, and finally was told to schedule a follow-up appointment for Tuesday.
Tuesday was not any less frustrating than Monday, however. The nurse kept asking me why I was there, even after I told her three times because I had a positive pg test. She didn't understand why I would have needed my blood drawn the Saturday before. She even had my labs from from Thursday in her hands the whole time. Then it finally dawned on her that I had told her three times I had a positive pg test right there in their office the week before. Duh! When the doctor came in she asked about my symptoms and how I was feeling, and then ordered the blood work that was supposed to have been done over the weekend. This frustrated me because I now had to pay $35 to get my blood drawn when I wouldn't have had to pay for it at the hospital, and I felt like my time away from work was a waste. I did take away some good news from the visit though. My progesterone count was 51, and she said they wanted to see above 15. My HCG was 226, which was indicative of being 3 weeks along.
When I left the doctor's office on Tuesday she told me that they would have my results back by the next day, and that if I didn't hear from them by Thursday to give them a call. Frustrating! Of course I didn't hear back yesterday, and my hopes were not high that my phone call would be returned today, since they never bothered to return my call on Monday. But a couple hours after I left a message, a less than excited nurse called me back. Her tone of voice sent momentary panic through me because I thought she was going to deliver some bad news.
Then I realized that is just the way she talks. She told me that my counts had "gone up appropriately." Yay! I wanted to ask her what my counts were, but didn't dare because she didn't sound like the most friendly person. She transferred me to scheduling, and I am now all set for my first ultrasound on June 3o. :D
As for pregnancy symptoms, I hardly have any. My girls are still sore and starting to swell, which is the biggest symptom (and my favorite!). I haven't had any morning sickness. I still have bouts of dizziness every now and then. I was always tired before I got pregnant, so its hard to tell if I'm more tired now than I was before, since it isn't uncommon for me to slip out to my car for a 15 minute nap at work every day. I have actually felt pretty good, which concerns me at times, but I guess that isn't uncommon.
In other news, we are less than 48 hours away from going to get Sadie Roo. I got a call from the breeder this morning confirming our pickup for Saturday. We spent tonight cleaning up as the final preparation for her homecoming. Her crate is all set up and waiting, complete with pink pooch towel. I promise to take loads of pictures and put together a little slide show ASAP to show off our little ball of fuzz. :)
Well, now I'm off to see where Mags got off to and get ready for bed. :)






5 Thoughts:
Ugh, I would have exploded at that kind of frustration. Glad it's over for the time being though. My girls being sore were my first real symptom too and strangely enough, I kind of liked it too, I think because it's our first real sign that something is happening. Looking forward to more updates and happy pregnancy!
looking forward to seeing that puppy! good luck trying to get her settled in!!
and, uh, must say...um...that baby ticker up there looks kinda freaky ;-) :P (just kidding)
Two new "babies" for you at one time, wow. What a wonderful time!
I am so thrilled for you!! =)
FYI, I didn't really get any symptoms until about 8 weeks or so...and then ohhhh yeah. I was feelin it! lol
Congrats again. =)
Thanks for visiting me too! Here's to a frustration-free existence. If only! Got your Sadie yet?
Post a Comment