When I first stared painting the bathroom I wondered what I had done by choosing such a dark color. I was afraid I had turned the bathroom into a cave, but once I pulled the blue tape off the moldings, I really started to like the way the white items in the bathroom starkly contrasted the gray-blue paint. I have to admit, I love this new bathroom color.
We were supposed to be yet another step closer to finishing our house when all of our blinds showed up on Wednesday. Based on the way the whole day went on Wednesday, I should have cried that my blinds showed up that day because it was just not my day. As we began to unpack our 12 blinds we found that only two had survived the shipping undamaged. I was seriously upset, not only because they showed up damaged, but also because we ordered them a MONTH ago and they were shipped to the wrong place before they got to us. Then on top of that we had company coming this weekend and now had no window coverings. I believe I cried when I opened one of our three 9-foot blinds (which retails at $500) and found the head rail so torqued we couldn't hang it.
My project for this weekend is going to be to plant flowers in our front flower bed. I would normally spend the weekend cleaning the house from top to bottom while doing laundry, but I already cleaned everything during the week in anticipation of our company last night. For the first time since we moved in, I have nothing to do! I honestly don't know what to do with myself while I wait for heat of the day to subside so I can go plant flowers and take a walk with Mags.
We were supposed to be yet another step closer to finishing our house when all of our blinds showed up on Wednesday. Based on the way the whole day went on Wednesday, I should have cried that my blinds showed up that day because it was just not my day. As we began to unpack our 12 blinds we found that only two had survived the shipping undamaged. I was seriously upset, not only because they showed up damaged, but also because we ordered them a MONTH ago and they were shipped to the wrong place before they got to us. Then on top of that we had company coming this weekend and now had no window coverings. I believe I cried when I opened one of our three 9-foot blinds (which retails at $500) and found the head rail so torqued we couldn't hang it.
My project for this weekend is going to be to plant flowers in our front flower bed. I would normally spend the weekend cleaning the house from top to bottom while doing laundry, but I already cleaned everything during the week in anticipation of our company last night. For the first time since we moved in, I have nothing to do! I honestly don't know what to do with myself while I wait for heat of the day to subside so I can go plant flowers and take a walk with Mags.
I did fill up part of my morning going shopping for the puppy. We bought her a pink pooch collar, some puppy toys, and a gold engraved dog tag, which leads me to the dog's chosen name. First, I would like to thank all of you who voted on the puppy name poll. I did take the poll into consideration over the past week and a half and still waffled despite my firm resolution to go with the name chosen by the poll. One night I was talking to my dad and was telling him that I really wanted to name the dog Sadie. I told him that while most people would associate my finding her name on the day Roo died as a bad association, I actually thought of it as a positive association. To me it is like a little piece of Roo will live on because this pup's name came about by an inspiring moment on an otherwise cruel day. My dad told me that he felt I should call the pup Sadie. The next day I spoke with my new best friend about it, and she went one step further; she told me I should name the pup Sadie Roo. So in honor of my lost little Roo, the new pup's name is going to be Sadie Roo.
I think I will take the next hour or so of my completely free time to check out all of your blogs. I hope you all have a fun, safe Memorial Day weekend.






5 Thoughts:
I think that is a great name. I think that it will make you smile everytime you call her Sadie Roo, I know that everytime I call another department at work and get a young girl named Shelby it makes me smile and remember my dog who was also Shelby. Sometimes I remind the human Shelby why I like her name so much and why I laugh everytime she calls me or I call her dept.
GORGEOUS bathroom and good job on the name. :)
Love the blue loo! I am glad you have decided on a name for the 'lil pup and it is a name you are very comfortable with. I can see lots of doggy purchases coming on! x
I really like the bathroom colors you chose. It looks great!
Chelle, looks great to me too!
It is nice when you have a project complete and are happy with the results too. Well done!
Love you lots!
Post a Comment