Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Randomness

FALL
Finally! Fall is falling in Texas! Today is the first day this fall that is under 85 degrees. The average the last couple weeks has been around 88-95. If you ask me, that is NOT fall weather, but two days ago a wonderful fall rain storm blew in from the north, and right now it is a perfect, beautiful 70 degrees complete with breeze.

My house is currently getting a much needed airing. All of the windows are open and breezes are blowing all of the inside air out, and some of the outside air in. It's GLORIOUS!

BABY BEAN
Yesterday I was washing all of the windows in our kitchen and family room area, while Chi.cken Run was playing in the background. Baby Bean was contentedly playing in the family room, every now and then turning to watch the movie.

While I was washing, I heard a very strange sound that sounded like a sheet of tin being bent back and forth (you know, with that "wooshing" sound). I thought it was odd and kept turning to look at the movie because it was the only place the sound could be coming from (or so I thought), but not only did I not remember that sound in the movie, it also didn't fit the scene. I did this a few times over the next 5 minutes or so.

Finally I looked over in BB's direction to find her drawing an art picture all over the couch cushions.

Oh yeah, look at the guilty look on that face! I couldn't resist getting a picture of her with her artwork all over the furniture.

Luckily, it all came up pretty easily with a little elbow grease. Sadly, our couches look cleaner now than they do after I hit them with a steam cleaner.

BANDWAGON
I have been avoiding getting sucked into a phenomenon that started a few years ago. I refused. I balked. I said, "Never!" I have had many, many friends telling me I needed to, and I always told them, "NO WAY!"

I had been budged a little last year when one of my BFFs was trying to convince me to jump on the bandwagon. She had told me she was going to get it for me for Christmas, but she didn't, and I didn't push it. I wasn't going to go buy it on my own, so I was able to resist a little longer. Then, S.I.F blogged about it. The more I read her post the more I was opening to the idea. By the time I finished reading her post, I had resolved to go buy it.

Want to know what it was?

Look to the right.

Dab-nabbit! That's right. I'm reading Twi.light.

I bought it yesterday after we went to dinner near a B&N. We were right there, so I figured I might as well go buy the book. I wouldn't tell Hubs what I wanted until we found it because I knew he was going to tease the daylights out of me.

I wasn't disappointed.

I got teased.

He told me to be sure to tell him whether I am on team Edward or team Jacob so he knows what t-shirt to buy me for Christmas.

Thanks babe.

OTHER READS
As you can see from the picture above, I am also reading The Happ.iest Toddl.er on the Blo.ck. I have to say, it was worth the purchase and read. We haven't had a melt down since I read the book, and it is amazing. I highly recommend it.

TWW
As of today, we are officially in another TWW. Ovulation came early again this month. I think I got my positive OPK last night, as my LH surge dropped off steadily throughout the day today. I say "think" because none of the tests seemed to be as dark as the control line.

Hubs reassured me today when I told him I might have had an annovulatory cycle by telling me that I could have had a bad batch of tests, especially where I bought the 20 pack, and it says something along the lines of "remove a test and reseal the package as quickly as possible." I think there might have been a night where I didn't properly reseal the package.

Looking at the tests above, I'd have to say it looks like CD16 is my best bet, and I think I felt an egg release today in a rather painful moment where I had a shooting pain in my right ovary that took my breath away, so despite not having an "as dark as line" I'm pretty sure I ovulated.

As promised, I haven't done anything to conceive short of using OPKs and BDing. I also haven't been stressing. We do our thing and either it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, oh well. We'll try again next month. No stress. Not a big deal.

If it does work, well then I'll be giddy as a school girl and happy as a blue jay.

NAP TIME
Where I'm headed right now to enjoy this cool, fall breeze.

12 Thoughts:

carrie said... [Reply to comment]

lol - I resisted the Twilight bandwagon for a long time, too, then finally gave in and it was over.

I just finished reading the entire series for the third time. (This time, including the "Bree Tanner" Eclipse novella.)

I'm hooked. The books are way better than the movies but I have to watch them anyway. I even got my husband hooked by listening to them at home on a cd. He kept catching bits and pieces and then finally stole my cds and took them to work with him.

Personally, I'm Team Jacob, though I think Edward is perfect for Bella.

Good luck this cycle!!!

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

Have you read the Hunger Games series yet??

That's another "bandwagon" you need to jump on. Rightthisverysecond!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I hate reading books about anything supernatural...I just cant bring myself to do it, so the chances are I will never pick up that series and read about vampires lol.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Don't you love the windows being open? We actually had to shut ours yesterday because we barely hit 60 but I was loving every minute of it! :)

OMG, the couch picture is too funny. I love the guilty look. And I've never heard of the book but will for sure have to remember that when we get a new baby and get to that stage!!

I LOVE to see those lines!! They may not be as dark but you can see a rise and fall so I really hope you ovulated and this will be the month! And selfishly I hope it's THE month for us both so we can be pregnant together :) I love that our cycles are close together too, I'm cheesy like that! :)

Love you girl, hope you have a great week!

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, I heart autumn. The mornings here feel like fall, and the afternoons feel like hell. ;p

I just can't get into Twi.light. I've had friends tell me that they can't put the books down, but I don''t know - vampires??? Lol!

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck with this cycle!

I can't believe she wrote on your couch! She is so adorable!

You will love Twilight. Trust me, it will help make this 2WW fly by!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

You did what!?!?!?! I am in shock. I may need to have medical attention. :) I am so proud of you for jumping on the wagon. Now you just need to finish the Twilight series and then start reading the Hunger Games.

I am completely jealous that fall is showing signs where you live. Please send some our way.

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

I also broke down and got into the Twilight series. I refused for so long, but then couldn't refuse any longer. And. . . I read all 4 books in a weekend! I was the most unproductive member of society that weekend. . . that's for sure. :)

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! Bandwagons are there for a reason. hehe. It's a good read.

I have to get the toddler book too.

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

Welcome to the Twi.light club. And when you're done, jump on the Hun.ger Games bandwagon too!

Baby bean is so adorable. She is a beautiful baby!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

OH NO!!! You joined the bandwagon!!! Another one bites the dust...

Love the pic of baby bean - she's so guilty!!!

Good luck on this 2WW - hope it goes very quickly for you!

MOM said... [Reply to comment]

The picture of Baby Bean reminds me of a similar picture of your big brother when he was about a year old. He had totally massacred the frosting on a red velvet cake that was sitting on the kitchen table. He had frosting all over his hands, face, and clothing; there was hardly any left on the cake, but he looked just like Baby Bean with the eyes and everything. Brings back some old memories. Give Baby Bean a big hug and a kiss from Grandma!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary