Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun Not Being Knocked Up

Over the past few days, I have actually been kind of glad this last cycle failed. First of all, I was okay with it because my brother is in town, and because I'm not pregnant, I was able to go to 6 Fl.ags this past weekend for the first time ever and ride the rides. It was also Baby Bean's first time to an amusement park. Sadly, I don't think either of us were that thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I am a total roller-coaster-riding-girl, but this past weekend, I was just wiped from the days leading up to Saturday. I had invested so much energy into hoping for a BFP, I had to invest half as much energy again into being disappointed and getting over it. Add to that, AF was in full mood swing.

I'm not sure whether Baby Bean was hot and tired, or if the park was just over stimulation overload because pretty much all she did all day was lay back in her stroller and look around. She hardly wanted to get out, save once. I took her on a couple of easy rides, and I think they made us both sick. I don't think she really cared for the rides at all. Not only that, but I could barely get her to eat anything all day. She drank plenty because she so rarely gets sugary drinks, and that day she got some of mom and dad's lemonade. That child can put down lemonade like it's no one's business, and as it was hot that day, my first priority was making sure she was hydrated.

That night as I was giving her a bath, I was thinking about the fact that I am glad I'm not pregnant right now. I enjoy life with just the three of us more than I realized. It's like now that I can have that one thing I thought I wanted so badly the last 19 months, I just don't care anymore.

Since Thursday, I have spent so much time bonding more with my daughter, appreciating her more than ever (I know, I didn't know it was possible either), being with her, and soaking her in. I also realized that this time around won't be as hard as last time, because I have my daughter already. I don't care if I don't get pregnant again because I have my gorgeous little baby girl. Do I want to have more children? Of course I do! But if I can't, or if I don't get pregnant in the next 6 months, I am okay with that because at least I have her. Every time a cycle fails, I'm not going to care, because she is here with me and that is all that matters. I am just so thankful for the child I already have. Each month I am not pregnant is another month that I can focus every part of me on her.

I hope that we are able to have a couple more children before my body decides it won't be forced into pregnancy anymore, but I am done pushing it the way I did to get my daughter. At this point, if it happens, it happens. I am done stressing myself out over it, and throwing my whole heart, mind, and body into it. I've already done that once, and I don't need that pain back in my life. I would rather enjoy my baby's toddler years while they are here than spend them worrying about getting pregnant again. It will happen when the time is right, and until then, life is perfect the way it is because I have my little sunshine.

9 Thoughts:

Esperanza said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry your day at Six Flags wasn't all you'd hoped it would be but I'm so glad you're feeling less stressed about getting pregnant again. i know how you feel - the desperation is not there when you already are a mother. I hope it does happen for you, but I'm glad you feel better about it.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you had a great time with your brother! I think the amusement park thing must get not so fun as you get older maybe? I was the same way last time we went, I LOVE to ride but it was just okay, not at all as exciting as it use to be. And 8 was the same way when we took her.

Baby Bean is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother. It's crazy just how much they can comfort us even though they don't have any idea what's going on. There are days when I feel like the world could end because I can't seem to get pregnant but one glance at 8 and it all washes away. I am still praying WE will be having more soon and sharing the pregnancy journey and newborn experience together!!

jessica said... [Reply to comment]

it sure does make a difference when you have a little one running around. i'm sure within a few months it will happen!

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

You have such an awesome mindset, and I think that is such a great way to look at it!! Getting preggers is so frickin stressful, especially for us IFers...and if you can reduce it at all then you rock!! So keep chugging along with this mentality and I know you'll be preggo before you know it!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear that you are turning your attention to Baby Bean and enjoying her and your time with her. I hope that when the time is right that you will have another baby to love and cuddle. (Not ment to offend anyone with that.)

Dom Casas said... [Reply to comment]

I had a great time reading your post, it's my first time to drop by your blog and I like it instantly





fort collins chiropractors

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better and that you don't feel so stressed out. I like your glass half-full instead of half-empty attitude :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love your attitude lovely lady and I know things are going to work out in an amazing way.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, that melts my heart girl. I really hope she's not your only child, though. You're such a wonderful mom and would bring so much joy to another baby's life.

Love ya (((HUGS)))

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary