***Mom, there is swearing in this post - be forewarned***
Where do I even start? Today has been a total roller coaster ride that sucked the way so little in this world can suck. I thought it ended on a high, but no, it slammed me through the ground as it laughed and told me I get to repeat today, tomorrow.
Right now, my inner infertile is no longer inner. She is out in the wide open, laughing her ass off at me. Rolling on the floor while she points and laughs.
It hurts.
It hurts so much.
I forgot how much it hurts.
Somehow in my dreamy state the week after ovulation I miscalculated the days until AF was due. I thought she was due tomorrow. So for the past 10 days, which I thought had been 11, I was living for today when the first signs of AF should appear if she was going to rear.
Today was B-R-U-T-A-L.
I seriously went to the bathroom every 30-45 minutes to check for spotting. A couple of times I was shaking, I was so nervous. If she was going to knock down my door, she was going to start with the battering ram today. All day I told myself that if I made it to 3:00 with no spotting, I was in the clear. 3:00 rolled around, no spotting. 3:25, no spotting. 4:00, no spotting, 5:00 no spotting.
Oh my gosh! I'm pregnant!
I was so high. I couldn't believe it. I sat in those glorious moments, relishing every second and thinking, "It feels so awesome to be here right now, knowing that I am most likely pregnant!" All of those "symptoms" I had over the last few days WERE pregnancy symptoms after all.
Or so I thought.
Then tonight, I had a thought that maybe I should check my cycle calendar and make sure AF really is due tomorrow (remember this cycle was thrown off when I ovulated 4 days early). I pulled out my phone and started doing the math. I found out right away I was off by a day. AF isn't due tomorrow, she is due on Thursday.
What?! No! No! I can't do today again tomorrow! I just can't! Today was agony and it drained me. The thought of doing it again is unfathomable.
My infertile came out then. I thought that I could maintain a positive attitude if things didn't work out this month, but I was wrong. All of those years of infertility treatments came flooding back with all of their pain and anguish. I have been through so very much, and now I have to fight again. I have to constantly fight, but I am so tired, and I'm weary. I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want to be on the front lines anymore. For once I want pregnancy to come easily for me. Haven't I been through enough already?
I am angry. I am hurt. I am disappointed.
I had to know right away whether I was or not, so I marched upstairs and took a FRER (Firs.t Re.sponse E.arly R.esult). Who gives a rat's ass if it isn't FMU? Either I am or I'm not. If it doesn't show up now, I'm not.
BFN
Of course. The white staring back at me next to the pink line hugged my infertile as they danced around me and laughed in my face. My infertile kept telling me that this past cycle was so awesome. I was totally fertile, I ovulated early, I did everything right, but it didn't work, so what does that say about me? If I couldn't get knocked up on a cycle like that, what chance do I have? I swear the bitch wrote it on a sign she held up above her head as she danced around. "Neener neener!"
I can't even describe how much I hurt tonight. There are just no words. I haven't been here in so long, and I always prayed I wouldn't be back here, but I am. I was here in February of this year, and now I'm back here again.
I want time to stand still so that I don't have to move past this moment and deal with the hurt in the hours before what will probably be a restless night. I don't want to wake up and deal with the pain all day at work tomorrow as I wait for that first sign of AF's battering ram. I know she's coming. She is the dog poop icing on the dog shit cake.
Right now I am bitter. I am in so much pain, and I am having some serious post traumatic disorder going on. And you know what? I am going to let this freight train bowl me over and drag me down the tracks because that is the only way I can get through this. I have to let it run its course or I will never move on. If I can't move on, I'll end up just tucking it away inside somewhere so it can fester and rot, just like I did two years ago. Then one day it will come back and blow up in my face, just like it is right now.
I'm going to take my time with this, and when I'm ready, I'm going to pick up the pieces, and I am going to excitedly move forward with my next cycle. We'll try again, and if it doesn't work next cycle, we'll try again, and again, and again until it does. There isn't anything I can do about this cycle except wait for the inevitable.
This sucks, and I hate it. I'm not going to let this run my life again.
To my infertile, laugh while you can because you are NOT welcome here. Once I regain my strength from today, you and I are having it out, and I'm going to kick your ass to the curb once and for all.






17 Thoughts:
Oh sweetie I am so sorry. I am so, so, so sorry. I have been stalking your blog hoping for better news. Sending big, fat, fluffy ((hugs)). (And telling that bitch Infertile to take a hike!)
I'm so sorry lady. :( I just want you to know I'm thinking of you...
I'm so sorry sweety. Isn't it amazing that even after having a beautiful baby like you do, infertility can still kick your ass? I'm speaking from experience, because it bites my ass sometimes too. :(
All I can tell you is that I know the most fertile couples in the world where it will take up to 3-6 months to conceive. And these are the couples who have multiple children and have always been able to get pregnant. So if you aren't pregnant this month, always have hope that it will happen eventually.
Thinking of you girly.
I want to wrap you in a big, giant hug right now. I'm sending lots and lots of love your way. ♥
I am so so sorry. I know exactly how this feels. A great big HUGS!!! to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Kick IF to the curb!
It's normal to be bitter. It's normal to be mad.
You do this your way in your time. Don't let anyone dictate it for you...and I'm hugging you.
awww, i'm sorry. i have been checking in to see if you posted anything. i was thinking, if you got a + opk on fri, then you ovulated on sat or sun, right? maybe you were only 9dpo on tuesday. which is still early? i think there's still hope.
So sorry! Praying for you!
Dang! I was thinking about you today and thinking you had to know soon....just wish it would've been better news.
You're such a great friend to have such a bad night and still e-mail encouragment to ME. You're sooooo special. Thank you so much for the e-mail and finding urns for us. You have no idea how much that means to us.
I wish I could hold you and hug you. If you need someone to yell at, cry to or swear at...I'm here. You know my number
Love ya girl. I'm sending you lots of prayers and hugs.
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there woman you are stronger than you know and I am rooting for you.
I'm so sorry, I know this feeling all too well. After 9 years of ttc w/o any contraception and not one single BFP (except for our IVF, which one of the three we m/c) you'd think I'd learn but I never do. Every month I think maybe, just maybe and then every month that stupid bitch rubs it in. Sending hugs and prayers.
UGHHHH! There is nothing in the world that I could say that will make the pain any easier but I just wanted you to know that I have been and will continue to pray for you. My heart breaks for the feelings that you are having, they are so hard but yet oh so justified. I wish I was in TX to give you a hug. LOVE YOU GIRL!
I don't envy your position... I am not eager in the slightest to be back there again because I KNOW just how awful it is. I am thinking about you, praying for you and hoping this part doesn't last long.
Not fun! I am sorry. I know sorry just doesn't cut it but I am. I am thinking about you.
I'm sorry hon. I totally totally understand. (and it's one of the reasons I don't think I ever want to try again). Remember it's early to test, but I know why you're angry and upset. xoxo
(((hugs)))
I've been worried about you this whole cycle because I saw you doing the same things I did that first month back ttc. Being over the moon happy and positive it would work. Convincing yourself that you would be that couple who got pregnant easily after ttc for so long the first time. I was hoping it WOULD work for you so you wouldn't have to go through the pain that you just you described.
Holding my breath and praying that tonight's not too horribly hard on you, that the next few days pass quickly and are much easier than today was and that this moment of grief is all for naught in the end.
Oh bugger it, I thought I was going to come back and find you pregnant - I am so sorry about this cycle but you are right, you are so strong and can kick that infertiles' arse hardcore.
Thinking of you, sweets, and hope that you are feeling better today.
Post a Comment