Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oh My Goodness

A post on Baby Bean is long overdue, so without further ado, I present you with her latest and greatest accomplishments!


Baby Bean:
  • Talks up a storm. She has quite the vocabulary and the comprehension to go along with it. Her teacher at daycare has been amazed with how much my daughter talks and says. She told me that none of the other children in her class say as many words or comprehend as many. I know she isn't just blowing smoke up my ass either. I've been around the other kids in the class, and they don't talk as much as my daughter.
  • Yesterday BB pilfered a stuffed cat from daycare (her pilfering stuffed animals is common -- we always take them back eventually) and carried it around all night long. This morning when Hubs and I went to get her up for the day she said, "Kitty." I turned to see if the stuffed cat was on the floor, but it wasn't, so I told her I didn't see the kitty. She then said, "Shirt." I had left a laundry basket full of clean clothes on the floor next to her dresser and the shirt on top had a kitty sewn on it. Hubs and I immediately praised her for putting the two together so we knew exactly what she wanted, and she repeated, "Kitty shirt."
  • My child has the best manners. I took her to get her pictures taken over the weekend with my sister and her daughters. While we were looking through the proofs, the photographer's assistant handed BB a toy, to which BB said, "Thank you." My oldest niece made a comment to the assistant about how my daughter is only 1.5 years old, and the assistant said he had just been thinking about how he was surprised such a young child had such good manners already. He had never been thanked by a toddler for a toy before. She does say please, thank you, and your welcome, and she does it all on her own, without prompting.
  • She gives kisses, and not the slobbery open-mouthed kisses toddlers usually give. She actually puckers her lips and gives you a smacking kiss whenever you ask her for one.
  • She loves to dance, whether it is to music on the radio or TV, or mom belting out a tune. The other day I knew she learned a new song at daycare because she sang it on the way home that night, and I recognized it as a song from my youth. She was singing about eating bananas.
  • She loves to say hello to everyone we pass whether it is on the street, in the store, or on a walk. Sometimes it catches people off guard that such a small girl is telling them hello, and they laugh before telling her hello back. I love seeing the surprised look on their faces.
This past weekend:
  • BB learned how to scale the baby gate when we lay it on the stairs and tighten it down between the two sides to prevent her from going upstairs. Hubs and I can usually step over it without taking it down. I guess BB had seen us doing it enough, she figured out how to just crawl up the dang thing. No more keeping her downstairs!
  • BB began to try to get out of her crib. Hubs went in to get her up one morning and found her with one leg over the rail while trying to pull herself up. Luckily, we had one more lower setting on the crib, which should buy us a few more months. None of us are ready for her to be in a toddler bed yet. None of us.
My little baby is growing up so fast. Not only is she a tad ahead of her classmates in the vocab department, she is also taller and a little chunkier. She is definitely independent and packs quite the personality. She is definitely my girl in the personality department, and her daddy's girl in the brains department. God knows we sure do love our little Baby Bean.

8 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Aww that was a very sweet post. I'm most impressed by the manners! I love little children with good manners, it always makes me smile.

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

It's official; you need to replicate this child immediately! ;)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love reading about her. She is so sweet and I totally have to agree on the manners part. I remember her saying thank you clear as day when I gave her a bite of dessert at PF Changs! :) She is such a sweet girl!!!!

And the baby gate talk is too funny - gotta love how they can accomplish things when they put their mind to it!!! Eight use to be the exact same way as a toddler!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like she is doing so well. And she couldn't get more adorable. :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

So adorable! Her hair has gotten lighter since the last time we've seen you. I miss ya! Good luck when you have to do the toddler bed. We faught JJ for a couple of nights but then he was ok after that. I know BB gets all that smartness from her parents!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, she might be ready for a big kid bed. Such a cutie.

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

SO BIG! They grow too fast!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! I love that you've taught her such good manners - this is so incredibly important!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary