This week Baby Bean learned how to roll over from her tummy to her back! She can now officially roll a complete 360. This little surprise was discovered Wednesday when Hubs put her down on her belly and ran to a different room to grab something. When he came back the little squirt had rolled from one side of the room to the other and stopped next to the dog bed. We both laughed. That night I was playing on the floor with her and she actually rolled over right in front of my eyes. I praised her so much I am sure she thought I was ridiculous. It is only a matter of time before the little darling will be crawling.
Another thing she is doing is learning to sit up on her own for long periods of time. She still topples to one side or the other after a few minutes, but it won't be long before she can pull herself into a seated position on her own and remain there. She also loves to stand, and she does this for a few minutes at a time as well. Tonight I stood her on the floor and helped her walk to her daddy.
We started her on solids about a week and a half ago, but it didn't go very well because we tried to introduce them at her bedtime feeding. All it did was make her angry, and she would refuse to eat after about three bites. So this week we tried feeding them to her during lunch time. Success! She makes the funniest faces with each spoonful I give her. Hubs and I laugh so hard. She opens her mouth and accepts every bite, but then she looks at me like I am the worst person in the world for putting something so foul in her mouth. I've tasted the rice cereal, and I don't think it tastes any worse than formula, but apparently she does. Perhaps it is a texture thing.
Our favorite thing that she has recently learned how to do well is giggle. The best part about this was my parents were on the phone with me one night when Hubs had her giggling up a storm. We were all laughing so hard. It is so adorable. I would do anything to make her giggle. It just couldn't be any cuter.
She is reaching so many milestones in the past few weeks. Hubs and I are so in love with our baby girl. I tell her every day that she was worth everything I had to go through to get her, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Friday: It was so hard to go to work this morning. I went into her room to lay out her clothes for the day and she was awake and playing in her crib. She saw me, so I went over and stroked her back and head and told her I loved her. I got the biggest smiles. It took all I had to leave her and come to work.






4 Thoughts:
Have you tried some tasier foods for her like banana/pumpkin/avocado? I dont bother with baby rice on it's own, but I always stewed up fruit and served it half-half.
It's be really nice to see a movie of her rolling over!
Hubs likes to stick to what our pediatrician says regarding her diet. He follows it like gospel, and sadly for Baby Bean, the Pedi said to not mix anything with the rice cereal for the firs few weeks, and then to move to veggies, then meats, then fruits. He said if we gave her sweet too soon that was all she would ever want and expect from the spoon. We'll see how long it takes Hubs to crack though. :)
Cute! I love that she is reaching all the fun milestones. Nothing will melt your heart like your own child smiling or giggling at you. I'm so glad that things are going good with her.
Not only can toddlers pull at your heart strings, they can make it melt at the same time! x
Post a Comment