You see, hubs and I are both blondies with blue eyes. We're both short. I am pasty white, and Hubs is only a couple shades darker tan than me. When baby Bean was born she came out with dark brown hair, sporting a little baby tan.
Don't even go there! I am not a promiscuous woman! lol
At her 2-moth well-child visit, she was measuring in the 75th percentile for height (meaning out of all babies her age, she was taller than half of them [50th percentile]). However, she was in the 50th percentile for weight. We both laughed at the fact that she was measuring tall because neither of us is tall by any stretch of the imagination. We figured she must have just hit a growth spurt right before her exam and would probably be in the 50th percentile or lower at her next visit. Guess again.
At her exam today, Baby Bean measured in the 95th percentile for height. NINETY-FIFTH!!! She measured in at exactly 26". It makes me laugh because I was frustrated last week that I had just bought her six new pair of pjs and she outgrew them all by the end of the week. I figured it was the brand and that it just ran small, either that or they all shrank in the wash the first time I washed them. I guess not! This means Baby Bean needs 6-9 month pjs! The funny thing is it is all in her legs, because she still fits in 3-6 month onesies and anything that doesn't go from waist to feet.
Her weight? She measured in at 15.75 oz, which put her in the 80th percentile for weight. My baby is tall and skinny. I would be more surprised at her height if my dad and Hubs' grandpa weren't tall (over 6'). We wondered before we had kids if they would inherit those genes and end up being taller than us. If Baby Bean keeps up this way, she certainly will be. :) We're okay with that.
Her pediatrician also told us to start her on solids, introducing it at two meals a day. I have such mixed emotions about it. I am excited she is growing up and that she is so obviously thriving, but I am sad because it means my little girl is growing up and she will be big before I know it. It feels like this is the first step out of babyhood.
Amazingly, I am okay with her getting bigger most days. It is usually because she learns how to do something new every day, and I love watching her grow and learn. I also look forward to all of the things we can do once she is bigger, like go to the zoo, aquarium, and Dis.ney La.nd/World or any other theme park.
She is such an amazing little girl, and she continues to surprise, amaze, and make her parents happy and fulfilled every day since we knew she was on her way.






7 Thoughts:
I am surprised at her height and weight. She is still the most adorable thing ever! I mean really! Look at that smile. I'm so glad that you find mother to be so fulfilling. Keep up the good work.
She does look super tan in that first picture!
Of course, I'm really lovin' that 2nd picture with the smile too.
Yay for healthy babies!
I find that each stage has its sadnesses and moments of joy. Yes, she is growing up, but each moment brings you closer to a time when you can talk to one another, hear what beautiful (and hilarious things she has in her head) and really get to know her as a person.
I know what you mean though...
She is just CUTE beyond words!
Hubby and I think "who's kids are these anyway?" ALL the time. In fact, we have wondered if they switched embryos on us - I've heard of it happening!
Evy is whiter than me (I'm French and Italian) and Lennon is darker than Hubby (Mexican). Tbey both have blue eyes (Hubby has brown, isn't that supposed to be dominant?). Etc.
Kids are funny that way I guess.
SO glad she's doing so well!
Have fun with the soilds. It's so much fun to feed them (till they start grabbing it off the spoon and throwing it, tee hee).
My cousin, who had light haired parents, was born a dark brunette. His hair changed to a bright blonde by the time he was a year old.
Awww, glad she is doing so well! 4 months already?!?!
What an adorable girl. :-D Yes. . . Maybe you and your husband have a really tall grandpa or grandma down the gene pool or something. Looks like you're going to have a basketball player on your hands. :-D
Post a Comment