Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blessed Weekend

On Sunday morning, bright and early, Baby Bean was given a blessing at church and officially given her name in the heavens.

My parents flew in Friday afternoon, so I took Thursday and Friday off work to get the house cleaned up and ready for the celebration on Sunday and to spend the day with my folks. Shortly after they landed, I took everyone to lunch at fantastic and somewhat renowned Cajun restaurant for father's day and a belated mother's day. Afterward, my mom and I hit the fabric store to buy the necessary pieces to make a blessing dress for Baby Bean. My mom is an excellent seamstress, and after a small discussion a while back, I decided I wanted her to make the dress so that it would always be really special and could become an heirloom for Baby Bean to pass down to her children. I spared no expense for the dress and had a wonderful time picking out all of the pieces with my mom. That night she got right to work, sewing until her back hurt and it was past time for bed. She then got up early the next morning to finish the job so that I could take the rest of the day to do my part, which was hand sewing glass pearls and aus.trian crystals into the centers of the flowers. You can't really see my part very well in any of the pictures I took, or even very well at all in real life, but I know they are there and that is all that matters. After countless hours, the dress was done and ready to be worn.



Baby Bean wore the dress beautifully and was even a happy baby that morning.



After much internal debate, her daddy decided to be the one to bless her and set her apart, even though he was pretty nervous. He did a fanastic job and blessed Baby Bean with wonderful life. Both my mom and I teared up.

The rest of the weekend was spent frantically cleaning the house, painting a bathroom, paying a speeding ticket, shopping for a new dress for me, preparing meals, and hanging curtains. Every day was jam packed with these goodies as well as going out to eat at the best BBQ joint in the area as a belated b-day gift to my mom. I did manage to get in a bit of fun when I went to the store with my dad Saturday night and bought a new 120 GB Zu.ne. My dad then spend the rest of the night getting it set up for me, transferring some of his favorite music onto it, and downloading all of his pictures from his iP.od for me. Thanks daddy! I can't wait to go through the pictures and finish putting music on it.

It was wonderful having my parents here. I enjoyed every minute they were able to spend with us. I am so appreciative of them for all of the help they offered up over the weekend, and am so grateful for their patience in my times of high stress. It was a special weekend and one that will always be remembered fondly. I got some great pictures of them and Baby Bean that she will enjoy for the rest of her life.

Thank you so much for making the dress mom. It turned out so beautiful. I am really glad you made it for her because it is going to be so much more special than a store-bought dress.

I love you both very much!

7 Thoughts:

A.K. said... [Reply to comment]

what a fun weekend! the dress looks GORGEOUS- how special that her grandma made it for her!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Baby Bean's dress is so pretty. She looks so precious in it. She will treasure it forever. I'm glad you got time to spend with your mom and dad. I know how much you miss and love them.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, I love your new blog look! I love the colors and everything. Beautiful. :-D Looking forward to following you over here. :-D

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

OH JEEBUS. don't EVER do that again - you nearly gave me a heart attack! I read the first line and thought your precious Baby bean died!

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry Sarah! LOL! I edited the first line of the post to hopefully eliminate that thought from anyone else's minds. Rest assured, Baby Bean is a perfectly healthy, happy baby girl. :)

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful dress, she looks absolutely gorgeous! So glad it went well! :)

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said... [Reply to comment]

Your beautiful daughter is growing into a fine young lady Michelle..
What a sweetie pie she is!!

Hope motherhood is all you dreamt of .. It gets better and better.. My boy is 15 next month and I still think he is a miracle.. I cannot look at him without remembering those months I carried him and prayed for a healthy baby..

Enjoy every moment.

Much love
Michele xx

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary