Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

How's it Goin'



Baby Bean is officially 19 days old today, and man has it been an insane 19 days. The post partum has been a bit rough on me emotionally and the sleep deprivation has been enough more rough (I guess we shouldn't forget recovery from major surgery either). But, as I said in my last post, Hubs has really stepped in to help out in the sleep department. I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. I think I got 5.5 hours of consecutive sleep last night before he passed the baby on to me around 5:00 this morning. If I hadn't had to get up an pump at 3:30, I would have had a really nice stretch of sleep.



The good news is my emotions are starting to calm down a bit and I'm not any where near as weepy. Thank heaven! I have found it helps me out a lot if I can get out of the house every day too. Walks are the best medicine right now and it is one way I can get out and take the baby with me, since she is not supposed to be out in public places until she is 6 weeks old. I can't wait until we can start taking her everywhere and are no longer confined to the house and walks in the stroller. Being cooped up doesn't do much for me. Today we all went out for a nice, long drive in the sunshine.



On the nursing front, I went to the lactation consultant the other day and spent almost 3 hours with them. Both of them were surprised I was still going with as much pain as I was in, but it is something I really wanted to do for my baby, so I persevered. They determined I am really sensitive in addition to the fact that Baby Bean bites when she nurses. I ended up renting a hospital grade pump and resorted to pumping four times a day and supplementing with formula the rest of the time. At least she still gets the benefits of breast milk and Hubs can help out with the feedings.



The other awesome benefit of nursing is that when I went to the doctor for my incision check this week, I was only 11 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight! I'm already back into my early maternity pants. It has been awesome to watch all of the weight come off. I didn't realize I was so tiny before I got pg. I was amazed when I shaved for the first time since giving birth that I only needed half as much shaving cream and that I have little, tiny bird legs. lol

I guess it is now time to change a diaper and try to sneak in a nap. I got spanked by my doctor the other day for not napping during the day, so I guess I had better try to follow orders to help with the recovery. I will try to catch up on blogs tonight I swear!

3 Thoughts:

Beeswax, said... [Reply to comment]

my darest girl how sweet a blessing she looks so beautiful...i hope mummy and daddy are well..i'm so happy for you both..just shows you what a year can bring:)..and here too in cold Scotland another blessing is on the way...Amy is 14 weeks into her first pregnancy..the hormone treament work within first 3 months..now..hows tht for hope n faith..miss u loads ..have no blog now but will contact yo soon..my love as always ..beeswax /kath..in Scotland

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so happy that things are getting better for you. I am proud of you and all your hard work. I loved when the lbs seemed to melt off and I also remember feeling like I had stick legs. I'm glad that you are able to shed the weight like you are. Baby bean is adorable and is getting so big (in a good way). Make sure to get plenty of sleep. Take care.

Cece said... [Reply to comment]

Ignore my other comment - glad you had a good consult with the LC!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary