Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Its the Final Count Down

The excitement and trepidation are mounting in our household as Baby Bean's birth is mere hours away. I had hoped she would come early and on her own, but apparently she really is a stubborn little girl. That being said, she actually isn't as old as my doctor says simply because they calculate the date of conception as being 14 days past your LMP, and she was actually conceived on day 19. We know. I did an OPK. That puts her almost a full week behind where they say she is. However, I have still managed to be pregnant with this little girl longer than any of my mother's pregnancies or my sister's. All of their babies came around weeks 36-38. I am officially 39 weeks today. Way to go little bean! You must belong to your daddy. I know for a fact that she would stay in there for at least a few more days if not weeks were she not being forcibly evicted shortly.

The past couple days have been a bit rough. I haven't been feeling well, and I'm not sure if it is because I am full of so many mixed and intense emotions or if it is because I ate something bad. Either way, I couldn't keep food down yesterday and didn't manage to get anything in my tummy until around 5:30 last night. As for the emotions, they have been all over the place, kind of like they were before I brought both of my dogs home, only on a much grander scale. I am completely excited to bring Baby Bean into this world and embark on the fantastic journey of motherhood, but at the same time I am scared sh*tless (excuse the language). I know that I will do a wonderful job as a mother because I always do the very best that I can at everything I do. I am just afraid of the unknown. What if my baby is really fussy and I don't know how to comfort her? Am I really as prepared as I hope I am? Just how much is this going to change our lives? Do I really have a clue?

On the other hand, I am stoked. I get to raise a beautiful baby girl that my husband and I created together. A symbol of our love for each other. A bond forever cemented between us, for better or worse. I have made my sweetheart a daddy, and he has made me a mommy. Together we will raise the most perfect daughter. We will love her unconditionally. We will teach her everything we know, encourage her to be a wonderful person, a contributing member of society. We will get to watch her grow and excel in life. I am so excited for her! She has so many wonderful things ahead of her and she has no idea just yet.

Last night before I went to bed, I sat up and wrote her a letter that I will give to her one day when I feel it is appropriate. I let her know how much we went through to get her here and how much we love her. I thank God for this blessed opportunity. The past 9 months have been the most incredible journey, and every thing we went through to get here was so completely worth it. All of the treatments, the ups and downs, the uncomfortable bits of pregnancy, all of it was worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat and not think twice.

In just a few hours, I will get to meet my baby girl face to face. I am wordless at the thought. What a blessing.

I love you little girl, and I promise to be the best mother I can be to you. I can't wait to show you the world.

16 Thoughts:

Sue aka Clarkie said... [Reply to comment]

I am so excited for you, I can't believe this day has come :) I think back to when you were going to see a new specialist and how pissed off you were that they were asking you to do a pregnancy test, but low and behold, there you were pregnant all along.
Congratulations and can't wait to see the photo's of your brand new shiny daughter

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

Ahhh.... you are so almost there. I am SO EXCITED. I am just dying to see her. I cannot even imagine the overrun of emotions and just think? It is only going to get worse! You will be one mushy sack of all kinds of emotions over the next several days.
I am thinking of you and so happy for what is about to happen!
*hugs*

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats! Lots of luck!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

You are so sweet. Everything is going to be crazy but so much fun. I'm excited for you. I almost sent you a text message at 6 AM this morning. I am so happy for the two of you to start a beautiful family.

La La said... [Reply to comment]

I love the idea of writing a letter! How sweet!!!

I'll be thinking of you today!!

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you! You will do great and be a mommy soon. I am glad you wrote her a letter. That is awesome. Something she will always remember when you give it to her and fun for you to read again years down the road. Love you!

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

WOW Chelle, the big day is here, you're going to be a mummy!! How super exciting, can't wait to hear about little baby bean and see her precious face. Many blessings and hugs. x

Just Me. said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry I haven't been around! I've been really busy lately! And then I realised, wait, I think, she's gonna give birth really soon and holy shit!, it is really soon!! OMG! i am so excited for you now! Am thinking of you and I'm sure you'll be the best mother!!

(((hugs)))

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

It has been such a privilege to be part of your beautiful.. amazing journey to motherhood Chelle..
I remember well your days of anxiety ..wondering if you would ever conceive.. I had great faith for you as I believe all good things come to those who wait.. and this precious little person will be worth all the agonising, morning sickness.. sleepless nights etc.. THE most precious gift of all....
Enjoy every moment... ..
I wrote a diary of my son's birth and first two years.. It is a treasured possession...
Thinking of you.
Michele xxx

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Hang in there and good luck!

sara said... [Reply to comment]

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and to say an early congrats!

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! TODAY!!!

I am sure you are trying to get some rest and are enjoying your time with a little baby bundle in your arms. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you today. LOVE YOU!

Sue aka Clarkie said... [Reply to comment]

still waiting, can't wait to hear how you went and all the little details about your little girl :)

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

okay, i've given you enough time.

WHERE ARE YOU??! Where is she? HOW is she? How are you??

UPDATE ALREADY, I'M GOING CRAZY!

(told you feb 1st was the best birthday to have! hahaha! I'm exactly 22 years older than your baby bean (SCARY!!))

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

Ok, I am no longer "patiently waiting"... I hope all is ok, thinking of you guys.
xox

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Chelle and Adam (and Baby Bean), it is now past birth date, so... Welcome to the world, welcome to parenthood.
I hope everything has gone smoothly and that you are all three taking it easy and getting to know each other.
Love and hugs as always, Liz

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary