Our marriage has absolutely been strengthened. I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I already did, but carrying his baby has made me love him even more. I want to be around him all of the time and snuggle him all of the time. I know his snuggling need has increased lately as well (hence the long gaps between blog posts -- he actually gets jealous of the time I spend blogging, so I've had to limit it). I think another thing that helps is apparently natural pregnancy hormones make me really happy, unlike the synthetic kind that made me a horrid, horrid B*****. I just remember when we were doing treatments and I wouldn't recognize myself because of my tantrums people would say, "Just wait until you are pregnant, it will be so much worse." Boy were they WRONG! Not only am I happier, I am a much calmer person. I care a lot less about the little things, and I let things slide that would normally work me into a tither. I just don't see the point anymore, and such episodes only hurt my baby. My sweetie has loved that change!
It has changed my sweetie in that he is constantly researching things we can do now to increase our child's intelligence and potential in life. He has even talked about buying those tapes you play to your belly that help increase your baby's intelligence. He wants me to eat healthier, as do I, and he wants me to exercise daily, I want that too, but it is hard when you're so tired. We've both been cutting the garbage out of our diets and exercising more. He encourages me to eat a diverse diet so that our child has a more diverse pallet when it is born, so I am eating things now that I normally would have turned my nose up at (I just found out I like sauerkraut!). We don't want our baby to be a picky eater.
It has changed me in the way that where I normally wouldn't think twice about doing things because they would only affect me, now make me think twice, as evidenced by tonight. I realized at 9:30 tonight that I had not gotten the mail from yesterday, so I headed out to get it. Within mere feet of my front door I looked across our unlit driveway to stare right into the eyes of what at that moment seemed like a large, black, wolf-like dog. We locked gazes for a second before the dog barked and lunged at me, chasing me to my front door. Normally, I would have stood my ground and chased the damn thing off. No dog pushes me around. Ever. But because I am pregnant, I wasn't willing to take the chance I could be attacked, and ran for the front door as fast as my legs could carry me, the dog fast on my heels. Once inside, I told my sweetie what had just happened, and he went outside with a giant rope bone that belongs to my dogs, but that would absolutely knock you unconscious if it caught you upside the head (see the picture of Sades on the left; that is the rope bone at her feet). By the time he got out there, the owner of the dog had restrained it and put it back on a leash. I, however, continued to shake for a good 20 minutes, praying that the adrenaline surge had not hurt the baby. As the minutes passed, I kept thinking about how had I not been pregnant, dog and owner would have received a severe tongue lashing, but I am no longer thinking about only myself.
It is wonderful to see the changes this pregnancy has brought about in both of us. We both want to be responsible and do everything we can to ensure that our child gets everything in needs in the womb to be successful outside of it. We take precautions we didn't used to think about, and we are so much more unselfish.






5 Thoughts:
It's nice to think that if I ever do get pg, I may not be the psycho that I am on fertility drugs.
New photos of the doggies = ultra cute.
I had to laugh at the sauerkraut. When I was pregnant the first time, I was so sick for the first three months, that everything made me want to barf. My "smeller" was so extra sensitive that I could smell saltine crackers and brown paper bags. Once I got past the first trimester, the first food that smelled and tasted good to me was onions--a food I didn't like before and used to avoid. I still like onions now.
But I don't know about that sauerkraut. My mother, who was from a strong German heritage, used to cook sauerkraut and I absolutely HATED that smell--it made the house smell for days. I'd have to be in pretty tough circumstances to eat sauerkraut. But you'd make your grandmother PROUD!
Love, MOM
It is a strange and wonderful adjustment always thinking for two (three in my case I guess, lol)?! Your such a good mamma already. =)
Sounds like you are already great parents! I'm glad things are going so well for you (minus the dog chase). It's amazing you can handle sauerkraut, all I wanted to eat was Manwich (sloppy joes) when I was pregnant.
It's fantastic that you are able to enjoy both your pregnancy and your husband so much, long may it continue.
That's wonderful that your pregnancy hormones are being kinder to you than your old fertility hormones.
Hormones are funny things. They left me in tears all the time, and stupid commercials were notorious for leaving my face wet! Have you started to cry over silly things? My sister-in-law (the one who recently passed away) once told me about how she fell to tears in the grocery store because they didn't have the cookie brand she wanted. I was told this story after an extremely embarrassing incident of my own. I laughed so hard after hearing her story that I suddenly felt better. I had a few wacky moments like that as well, but I get a real kick out of hearing other experiences.
That wolf-like dog story is awful. I'm glad you were okay after such a terrifying incident.
Post a Comment