My sweetie has been gone all week on a business trip and got back home last night. I asked him if I looked any bigger in the belly to him, and he said yes. Coming from him, that is a BIG deal. Whenever I ask him questions like that he always tells me, "I don't know. Its hard to tell because I see you all of the time." So for him to say that my tummy was poking out more made me very happy. We celebrated by going to a hibachi grill for dinner. Yummy! It is one of my most favorite places to eat. I love it for the yummy food and the entertainment value.
I do have one pregnancy symptom that is starting to drive me nuts though: nasal congestion. It always seems to be so much worse when I go to bed at night too. I hate sleeping with my mouth open, but some nights I have to just so I can breathe. I spent most of yesterday at work trying in vain to breathe through my nose too. At one point a coworker said I looked and sounded like I had a cold. I just smiled and told him I was pregnant and it was a symptom. The thing that makes me sad is my book said that nasal congestion typically only gets worse as the pregnancy progresses, but the good news was it said it is possible after talking to my doctor that I may be allowed to use a decongestant. I would be totally excited if I could just breathe in menthol right now.
This past week has been rough in the exhaustion department too. I'm not sure if it is all pregnancy related or if it is a combination of the pregnancy, not being able to go home from work for naps because I've been too busy, and/or the fact that I went to three swimming classes this week that are each an hour long. Either way, I have been completely exhausted.
I have learned not to worry about not having symptoms every day because whenever I do, a few hours later they inevitably show up in an unpleasant form. Rest assured, however, I always suffer with a smile on my face. ;)






8 Thoughts:
Congrats on making it to the 2nd trimester!!!!
I can't wait too.
(((hugs)))
Another fun pregnancy symptom should start in another couple weeks (ususally between 16 and 18 weeks). It's the one where you feel the baby jumping, skipping, rolling and punching inside you. Now if this thought doesn't bring a huge grin to your face, I don't know what will!
ooooh, thats a good pregnancy symptom!!
(I think its time for belly shots, oh yes I do!)
I've heard you can use a saline spray for nasal congestion and I hope that now you've entered the second trimester you feel a bit more energetic. I remember sleeping A LOT during the first, but then, it's hardly surprising considering you are 1) supplying hormones to your growing baby until the placenta takes over 2) nearly doubling your blood supply 3)building a whole new person from the ground up.
I hope it passes soon though because I know how exhausting it can be.
Congrats on making it to the second, so much great stuff is going to happen this trimester, I hope it helps you forget the more unpleasant side, but you're absolutely right, the end is more than worth it.
WebMD has a week by week section for pregnant mommies. It talks about what's happening with the baby and with the mother. I highly recommend checking it out. http://www.webmd.com/baby/your-pregnancy-week-by-week-weeks-13-16
The What to Expect website says, time to start hitting those maternity boutiques!
Yay second trimester!!!! Wow, this is all going so fast for you (at least from my perspective, lol)...I'm so excited!!!
I, too, have the stuffy nose syndrome. I have found that massaging my sinuses helps a bit and SALINE nose spray (NOT the steroid kind) also helps.
Congratulations on making it to the second trimester!!!
Post a Comment