Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life In General

My sweetie got home last Friday from yet another business trip. I am happy to report that he will be home for a long time now, as the pleasure of his company has not yet been requested elsewhere. I hate when he is gone, but was willing to deal the past two weeks because he has been cooped up in our house since we moved in four months ago -- all due to the fact that he works from home. Of course my first task after getting him back was to ask him to please take the Week 15 belly picture (see below). I knew I was bigger simply because it is now official that NONE of my pre-pregnancy pants fit anymore. Not even my favorite pair of GAP blue jeans that fit with the button undone just a week ago. Needless to say, I was giddy! Baby bean is growing! Now I just need to scrape some money together to go buy a new wardrobe. I am even fast outgrowing the tops I thought would take me into the third trimester. It appears I will be carrying my baby high.

Pregnancy 15 weeks. The red dot is my laparoscopy scar.


I just have to say again how much I love being pregnant. I am sure a big part of it has to do with all we (or perhaps I should say I) went through to get where we are now. Each and every day is a miracle and a blessing to me, and I love each and every second of it. I can't read enough about how the baby is developing each week and read every book I can get my hands on. I love most of the ways my body is changing, minus the sprouting fat. My only comfort there is that I have only gained 6 pounds since being pregnant, and that is on the low side of average.

The one big downside to my weight gain is my feet have really started to hurt. I couldn't figure out why, and then one day I had a flashback to my college years when I had problems with my feet (totally not the same problems). My podiatrist at the time told me that if I gained even 30 pounds, my feet would collapse because of the angle of the bone structures. He even made a point of mentioning pregnancy would be hard on my feet. Being 19 and 117 lbs at the time, I didn't think much about it. But now that I am more than 20 lbs heavier and my feet are constantly killing me, I am thinking I had better do something about it and fast before it is a really problem in the coming months.

In other news that will make my parents and some of my close friends happy, after almost 4 years of absence from church, Hubs and I returned for the first time today. We had always promised that if we got pregnant or moved to Texas, we would go back. As the good Lord would have it, both occurrences happened right together. We have been trying to go back for the past couple months, but lacked the motivation. Today we got all dressed up and made our presence known. It was a great experience. The ward members were so warm and welcoming. On top of which, it is full of other pregnant women! We're pretty excited to be part of the congregation and plan on attending regularly now that we've finally made it through the doors. (Besides, I know they are going to send the welcoming committee in the following weeks.)

8 Thoughts:

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

What a lovely post! I'm sitting here grinning. I'm sorry to hear about your feet though, I had some pain too. Perhaps a good set of arch supports would help? With me, it was that my feet kind of went flat like they'd been run over and the ball of my foot suffered for it. I hope it gets better/doesn't get worse.
Thanks for the belly pic too! It's so much fun to watch the changes.

MOM said... [Reply to comment]

WOO HOOOO! On both the belly and the church. I wish I could be closer to share your pregnancy experience with you, but I'm glad you have your blog. Sometimes I go back and read it more than once just to make me smile. Keep it up!
Love, MOM

PS: Maybe God really does answer prayers!

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Mom you made my eyes well up! I love you and miss you loads!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

YAY! I love your pregnant belly. It is going to be so much fun to watch you grow. I'm sorry that your feet are starting to hurt. Try seeing if a doc can help with that.

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Cute. :)

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

YAY PREGGY BELLY!!!

I'm changing my vote on the gender, btw, since you seem to be carrying high. ;)

La La said... [Reply to comment]

LOVE the baby bump! Go bean go!!=)

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

I ditto with Mom...WAHOOO on the belly and church! ;)

Love you loads too!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary