I realized today that perhaps I am overdoing the exercise a bit when after only 8 minutes on the treadmill at work my heart started pounding. I wasn't even exerting myself, but I guess I have just been doing too much lately. I got off the moment I noticed my heart pounding, and within minutes I was so completely exhausted I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the rest of the day. All I wanted to do was curl up and sleep for the next 24 hours.
I also asked about the congestion and got the green light for some Zy.rt.ec before bed since I am in the second trimester. I am really looking forward to breathing again. I think that will also help with the exhaustion, since not being able to breathe makes me tired.
Before the end of the appointment I got to not only hear the baby's heartbeat, but her swishing movements as well. I started to panic a bit when it took the doctor a little while to find the heart beat. Had I known that the swishing noises she was finding was my baby moving around, I would have panicked less. But once she found the heartbeat, she told me what the swishing sounds were. Being pregnant and hormonal, I had to once again choke back the tears. My doctor also told me that my uterus can now be felt just directly below my belly button. That confirms why I can now see my belly button surgery scar!
My next appointment is scheduled, but it isn't for 4 weeks away. *BIG SIGH* I determined after leaving my appointment to finally bite the bullet and buy the fetal doppler since it could be another 4 weeks before I feel the baby move and I won't have the opportunity to hear the heart beat until then. I kind of have mixed feelings about the doppler though, especially after my doctor had a hard time finding the heart beat today. I am afraid that if I don't immediately find the heart beat on my own, I will panic. But the other side of that is when I do find it, it will put my mind at ease knowing everything is okay.
I also scheduled another appointment when I left today... the one where we get to find out the sex of the baby! It seems kind of funny because my next appointment is in four weeks, but my ultrasound is in five weeks. My options were to have two appointments a week apart, or hold off on both of them for five weeks. Come on, four weeks is bad enough, like I could wait for five!
Now the countdown begins!






5 Thoughts:
Sounds like you had fun! (minus the panic of course). I remember how hard it was to wait four weeks between appointments. You might find a doppler reassuring as long as you keep telling yourself that sometimes babies (like teenagers) can be *sneaky* and hide and not to worry until you're sure you have need to.
As a midwife-in-training (and Mom, which I think is a much BETTER education) I kind of agree with your doc about the exercise/gaining weight thing. That baby is going to suck up everything it needs to grow and if you're not putting it in, it will take it from your own stores. As someone who is STILL fighting after two years to get her iron back, I can attest to this.
It's fantastic that you are being so active though. I think you'll find the further along you get into your second trimester, the more active you will feel and you may be able to handle two hour long sessions again. Is that too much ass-vice? I hate to be presumptuous and sound know-it-all-y, so if it sounds that way, tell me so, I can take it.
I'm so glad things are going well though. It's great to hear. :)
I STILL panic if I don't find the heart beat(s) right away...lol. But if I try for long enough they are always there. Sometimes I have to stop for awhile and the let Hubby find them for me a bit later on. All in all though, the doppler has been a godsend.
sounds like things are moving along and all is well. glad to hear it! Love ya!
Those four weeks will come round in no time. x
Hi Chelle... I am so pleased to see that you and baby are doing well.. Please go easy though and don't overdo the aerobics!
Listen to your body and take it easy.. you will need to save lots of energy for when your baby arrives!
Sorry.. not wishing to preach.
I shall find it hard to wait four weeks to your next appt.. goodness knows how you can wait that long!
Take good care of yourself..
Love
Michele xx
Post a Comment