Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pregnancy Symptoms Abound

Well, my sabbatical didn't last long. As fate would have it, things turned around for me just a few hours after writing my last post. The day I last posted it was overcast and raining, I spent the whole morning at the vet, and was extremely emotional. I had to hold back tears the whole time I was at the vet for no reason at all. As soon as I dropped my pooches back off at home, I cried the whole way to work. At work I sat in the parking lot and sobbed as I talked to my sweetie on the phone asking why it was that I just couldn't seem to catch a break lately. Why I was constantly being crapped on (both literally and figuratively). In retrospect, my emotions were a MAJOR pregnancy symptom. This from the woman who has been praying daily for SOME KIND of symptom.

I sat at my desk for the next few hours, crying silently with my headphones on, in a feeble attempt to let my coworkers know I was not in the mood to be talked to or bothered (for fear all I would be able to do is sob, and I really didn't want them to see that). Of course, you get a few people who just don't get that you don't want to talk. Fie to them!

Within the hour, my sweetie sent me an IM asking if I wanted to go to Aruba in September or October. I'm not sure if he felt bad about the fact that I couldn't stop crying, or if he felt bad that he took his morning frustration out on me. Maybe it was a combination of both. Either way, he had a trip to Aruba booked about thirty minutes later. You would think this would excite me and bring me out of my blues. Well, it did. Right up until hub said he was going to lose weight and get tan before we went. Then the water works started all over again. I would be the white, pregnant whale next to the hot, tan man. (The whale bit having nothing whatsoever to do with my growing belly, but the fact that my thighs and back seem to be blossoming ahead of my belly.)

Noon rolled around and my BFF came over to console me. It didn't take long before she had me smiling and laughing my ass off. I felt soooo much better, and my blues finally went away. She also gloated that my weepiness was a pregnancy symptom.

My day was starting to look up. Finally! The sun came out, and good news was rolling in. Next up, our new air conditioner was being installed. Praise be to heaven! I can't wait to kiss that massive electric bill goodbye! To make it all even better, our solar shades were installed.

Then I began to realize I was having some seriously welcome pregnancy symptoms: pounding migraines (which I honestly relished because it means Baby Bean is thriving), some slight cramping (each twinge is welcome with a smile), bloody noses, nasal congestion and shortness of breath (who cares if I can't breathe?), and some rampant weeping. Then there are the extremely vivid dreams where I wake up due to strong dream-induced feelings. On top of that, I realized that four different doctors have found my Baby Bean on an ultrasound, which tells me it is DEFINITELY in there. The last doctor told me everything looked perfect, and that was the high risk doctor. AND, I am in the last week of the first trimester!!!!

As life stands now, our trip to Aruba was changed to a trip to Cayman 36 hours later. Our new air conditioner that is supposed to blow our old unit out of the water can't keep the house below 82 when the old unit had no problem keeping it at 76 AND it keeps blowing black crap all over my pillow every day, but hey, its not costing me anywhere near as much when it runs, and we'll get the AC guys back out here to fix the fact that it can't keep up. No biggie. I also started taking water aerobics at the local gym and I absolutely LOVE it! Who cares if it is full of old people, they are all really, really nice. Nice people and a pool doesn't get much better. I have also decided to cut all refined sugar back out of my diet in a battle against pregnancy cellulite. Shame on me for ever allowing it back in just because I was pg. I kind of got what I deserved there. So when Baby Bean craves sugar, mom goes for the fruit packed with vitamins and other good things baby needs. Ta ta refined carbs and sugars! And who can forget the pooches? They are doing great. Back to normal and feisty as ever. Mags got the lovin' snugged out of her after the vet visit and slept the entire night on the bed.

Well, I am off to eat some of my sweetie's fantastic, out of this world, homemade jambalaya! I will catch up on everyone's blogs tomorrow. My hubs has been extra snugly the past week, tonight is no exception, so I am sorry to say I have been putting him before my blog and before catching up on everyone else. But tomorrow is 100% blog night!

P.S. Due to a very unfriendly comment, I have turned on comment moderation so I can weed out any rudeness up front from now on.

12 Thoughts:

infantadoptionjourney said... [Reply to comment]

Good to see you back and in the up and up. I think I;m in love with your sweetie, a trip for crying, can you send hom over to me please. I am so glad the the fur babies are doing well too.

Fantastic news all round :)

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! You sound so much better! Woo hoo on the trip! ANd I think it's a great thing that you and hubs have been snuggling instead of you blogging. If MY hubs wasn't busy working on his own stuff now, that's what I would be doing! I've been having the mood swings from Hell lately since this crazy cycle won't end, and would love to cuddle with Hub all day. :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

WELCOME BACK! I knew you wouldn't last long. I love hearing from you.

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear you are doing better! Nice to catch up with what is happenin with you once again. Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I want to hear all about it when the time comes and post some pics. (: Also glad the doggies are doing fine.

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

YAAAAAAAAY!!!

so glad youre back :D LOVE reading about you. In fact, I was actually gearing up to plead with you to come back pronto. Glad you saved me the pleading ;)

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Life can be a bummer! The downside is that we have to take the rough with the smooth, more rough most of the time, I hasten to add. The upside is that you and me both have loving partners who give us that little bit of support we need to get back on the straight and narrow. Keep blogging Michele, it doesn't always have to be about emotions, look at my posts, usually pretty much something about nothing, and nothing very important whatsoever! x

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Michelle, I forgot to say, as I had my serious hat on just then. I confess to having cellulite! x

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Welcome back! I'm glad to see things are looking up. Sounds like you are making great strides towards an even healthier pregnancy (which I NEVER had the willpower to do, darn Manwich!)
Hope things continue to improve.

La La said... [Reply to comment]

So glad you are back and YAAAAY for symptoms!! You are really chugging along there girl...almost out of the first tri already!? Wooohooo!!!

Just Me. said... [Reply to comment]

Welcome back!!!! I hope you're feeling better today.

Yes, I had to turn on the comment moderation too. Some people are just such jack shits.

ps your pooches are so cute!

Boo said... [Reply to comment]

I am so glad that your hiatus was a short one. I am so happy to hear that your doggies are doing so well. Vets are so darn expensive it's ridiculous. I'm taking my Maine Coon to get groomed next week and it's going to cost me about $200 because he has to be sedated.

And your DH is amazing!

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

Your hubby is so sweet to take you to Aruba! I hope you take lots of photos and post them to make all of us happy and jealous!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary