Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blog Lags

Okay, so I've been meaning to write this post for some time, but I either forget that I wanted to write about it when I sit down to post (or when I want to blog but can't think of anything to post), or I have something on my mind that I want to write about instead.

I just want to say I am sorry to all of my bloggy friends for my long absences lately. You have not been forgotten, and I have not lost my interest in blogging or in keeping up with any of you. I realize I became "lax" shortly after moving 5 months ago, but you have to realize there is a correlation there. For the first time in years I am not bored with my life. I have either been crazy busy, or my sweetie wants to spend some much needed "us" time cuddling on the couch or going out. The latter is more often the case the past few months.

When we first moved here, it was very much the first reason, what with moving into temporary housing for 30 days while trying to find a house, and then moving into and updating our new older house. During those months I felt like our marriage was really lacking some cuddle time, but neither of us was much in the mood or had time. Let's not forget that Sadie was added to the mix 10 weeks ago and requires loads of doggie attention, which makes Maggie jealous and require lots more doggie attention than Sades.

Then I finally got pregnant! Something we had been trying and praying for for years. All of a sudden we wanted to be constantly touching and cuddling and spending time together. For the first time since we moved, our previously shortened fuses reverted back to their longer selves. Things were suddenly like they were before the move, only with a bit more craziness added to the mix.

Lately when I blog, my sweetie gets jealous and pouts because he really wants to snug. As a result, I have had to limit my blogging to a few nights a week. During those brief moments online I have to pick and choose whose blogs I will read and if I will update mine, as I don't always have enough time to catch up with everyone and update. I usually choose to update first because it is a way for my family to keep up with us, and then I read a handful of blogs from my favorite blogs list, making sure to catch up with everyone at least once a week.

I am sure that all of you completely understand how life gets, and that sometimes our blogs have to come second (or third or fourth) to other events in our lives, but I wanted you all to know that none of you are forgotten, and I think about each of you often throughout the days. You are all very special and important to me and I value each and every friendship I have made through this wonderful community. So please be patient with me and my lags when it comes to comments. I do read up, I just don't always have time to read, write, and comment. Rest assured, I do it as often as I can because I want you all to know how much I care about you and I want to be there for you like you are for me.

5 Thoughts:

louise said... [Reply to comment]

I realise it is a few days since I visited you too Michelle. Have you seen the Blogging without Obligation logo on my blog, it reminds me that I can't physically visit everyone as regularly as I would like, otherwise there would be no time whatsoever for doing anything else, and things will have to change when I return to work too, I may not have much spare time for blogging at all. Like you I shall let everyone know the situation if it occurs, I think you would be surprised at how many other bloggers are feeling the strain! x

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Awe I am missed your blogs. I love it! I still love you though and I understand that things change and when you have a family it takes more importance. :) Love ya!

Just Me. said... [Reply to comment]

I know what you mean! I haven't been blogging either. But I haven't forgotten my bloggy friends either!!!

Awww...your sweetie's such a keeper!!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad you feel like that. :) If that's the reason you don't have time to blog, then I say, "Good for you!"

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Uhhh, I'm not a regular blogger and I have no good excuses at all, so don't worry about it. I love reading your entries, but knowing that you are spending quality time with someone you love instead of blogging makes me happy too.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary