Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Leap of Faith

This past week has been interesting. When haven't they been interesting lately? Sometimes I feel like my life could be a best-selling drama novel. Things definitely got worse before they got better, but I'm bouncing back now. No doubt because of the latest hormonal shift in which we all become hopeful and ready to take on the world. I'm sure my acupuncture has a big role to play in the overall sense of well-being too. Actually, I think the acupuncture is playing a BIG role right now, and I am so grateful to find some relief.

Thursday morning I went to see Dr. D for a lining check. It was a bummer appointment because he had is Dr-in-training with him again that day, which meant it wasn't an appointment for me, it was an appointment for her. But Dr. D and I had a conversation about trying a non-medicated cycle this month. I was a little apprehensive because I don't feel like I have been seeing Dr. Acupuncture long enough to make a big enough difference. Dr. D then told me that he would make me a deal. He would prescribe a lower dose of estrogen for me than I have been on the last couple of months for this cycle, because he is afraid he may have been over-medicating me the last few months, and then we would try next month medication free. I told him I was perfectly okay with that plan because that was what I had wanted to do anyway.

The whole rest of the day I tried to decide when I would go get the new prescription filled. My days have been extremely busy this past week, so getting over to the pharmacy was something that had to be penciled in. By the time I got home that night, exhausted and dead on my feet, I decided I was going to take a leap of faith with this cycle and not do any hormones at all. If it works, WOOHOO! If it doesn't, we try again next month.

What it really came down to is I just don't have the energy to care right now. Work has been off the charts busy so that I leave every day just wanting to go home and go to bed. I am totally burned out. Add to that the fact that I am still really upset about what happened last week; I still haven't come to a resolution on what to do about that. I will say I talked it over with the appropriate people and nothing has changed. I have also talked it over with a few of the most important people in my life and they have all told me what they would do. Each one of them has said the same thing. So it has left me really thinking about things.

Then my sister had some potentially really bad news, which left me reeling.

It has just been another brutal week.

BUT, I am recovering. I am not throwing in the towel. I am just shifting my focus on all fronts. Trying to shift from feeling shat upon to finding ways to dealing with all of the recent unhappy circumstances. Shifting my priorities from TTC to dealing with major, more important issues.

Honestly though, I feel like the whole TTC thing will fall into place when it is time. I have made some major changes to my overall health the last month, and I have faith that they will pay off when the time is right. I am doing everything I can from the most healthy point of view I can and that is the best I can do. We're talking boatloads of supplements (including those from Dr. Acupuncture), dietary, exercise when I'm not completely beat from a hectic day at work, acupuncture, and chiropractic, along with using my Ovacue and seeing Dr. D to make sure everything is optimal. That's all I can do. None of the rest of it is in my control, so I have to let it go.

It is time for a shift in priorities and outlook. It is long overdue. So goodbye synthetic estrogen and progesterone. Hello leap of faith.

13 Thoughts:

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

Nothing wrong with a leap of faith! I am sorry that you are still dealing with the fallout from last week, but it definitely sounds like you are doing all you can from your side conception wise. Yay for being healthy, good luck this cycle. Thanks for your comment when you are so busy? Xxoo

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I know it's scary to make this shift, but I am thinking of you friend. AND of your sister... I hope that all is well...

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

It is great to hear you so upbeat and optimistic! I love that you're shifting your outlook. It sounds like this could be a really good thing for you!

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

Oh! I just noticed that you added me to your favorite blogs! Thank you so much. I'm honored. ((hugs))

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Chelle, you sound so much better!! I'm really happy that you won't have to deal w/ all the side effects of the synthetic hormones. I hope that the acupuncture will give you enough of a boost, but I know that can take a while. GL this month!

mckala7 said... [Reply to comment]

I know you've been thru some really difficult situations since I've been out on medical leave. I've missed u so much and am so looking forward to seeing your beautiful face everyday again. Hang in there and know that I love u!!

M.A said... [Reply to comment]

I think it is extremely important to know that whatever is going on, no matter how bad they might be, that things will eventually get better. I am glad that you're letting it go. At the end of the day, what we're trying to accomplish is out of control. Keep up the positive attitude Chelle, keep your chin up!

Nothing much to report on my end... Waiting for AF to finally show up after D&C. I have never been so excited for her impending arrival! RE says we can start trying again this coming cycle and OB concurred with RE!

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you a ton...sending good vibes and some prayers your way. Take time to rest and de-stress. It's too much otherwise.

Big hugs...

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Amen for the leap of faith - AMEN! I have been praying hard and will continue to. You are an INCREDIBLY strong woman and I believe everything will fall into place when it's supposed to. I always just listened to those words but I am really starting to believe them. I think the health choices you are making and the changes you have worked so hard on already will really pay off. Keep up the good work sister - LOVE YA!

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

I am so crossing my fingers that this leap of faith gets you your baby #2! Your doctor seems hopeful for you and so am I!

So sorry to hear your sister has bad news. I haven't noticed any updates on her blog. I will keep her in my prayers.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

This is so exciting! I hope your leap of faith turns out wonderfully for you!!! And I hope your sister is ok...

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Love the leap of faith. :) That's awesome girl! I feel so bad that you're so busy. I know how hard that can be emotionally and physically.

Sure hope your sister's okay! Keep us posted!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

You know that whole cliche line of "Let go and let God?" I thought of that while reading this post. Sometimes letting go of control is the hardest thing to do, especially for those of us who feel like WITHOUT being in the drivers seat, pregnancy will never happen. Matthew 17:20 is a verse I repeated to myself multiple times a day when I was trying to get pregnant with #2. I pray that you'll find peace and strength in your decision.

I do hope all is well with your sister. I am so sorry to hear anything bad might be going on in your family.

xoxo

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary