Just in case you couldn't tell, the results are in: negative.
"Your period is late. We don't know why. I'll have Dr. D call you tomorrow. He will probably put you on prometrium to start your period."
Whatever. I'm done.
Pregnancy tests, OPKs, supplements... all in the trash tonight.
Yes, I had that moment where I was numb. I didn't even cry when the nurse told me I wasn't pregnant. I believe my response was, "Yeah, I kinda figured." She called right after I left Dr. Acupuncture's office, and right after I found that my stereo and satellite radio are now fritzed. I was driving home while trying to pry the removable face plate off my stereo to see if I could reset it. It is amazing how quickly I went from numb to sheer anger.
I got home and Hubs and Baby Bean were out in the back yard watering our new trees that are in shock from a 4-day hard freeze last month. I got straight on the phone to B.est B.uy so I could give their stereo installation department a piece of my mind, but I sat on hold for over half an hour before I angrily got in my car and went over and gave three guys a piece of my mind in person. I'm not proud. However, it did help me get some of my anger out. *chuckle* When I left, I felt much better, and was starting to cool down a bit.
By the time I got back home, I had decided I was tossing all of my supplements because I have no idea which one of them is messing with my body, and I was taking the next month off. (It turns out, I might not have a choice, as my business trip could end up coinciding nicely with my fertile window.) I tossed all of my remaining pregnancy tests because apparently I can't trust them anymore either. I'm not going to use my monitor this month. I am not going to watch my caffeine intake or what I eat. I'm not going to think about BDing on the right days. I am just going to live my life and forget about all of this crap for a bit.
You know what helped me come to this decision? Take a look at this:






16 Thoughts:
I'm really sorry it sucks so much. :(
{{{HUGS}}} It sounds like a month off is just what you need. BTW, love the pics of your daughter. She is way too cute!!!
I'm so sorry Chelle. I wish there was something helpful or comforting I could say. I'm just sorry. :(
And, your daughter is beautiful! She really looks like you in a few of those pictures. :) I have no doubt that BB thinks the world of you, and I have no doubt that you are a wonderful mama. :)
It does suck...but I think you're actually in a better place mentally than you think you are. And for that, I am super proud of you!
And Bean...gorgeous. Just like her Momma.
Heather (www.thehopefulelephant.com)
Ugh, I was so hoping for a surprise positive, that is so frustrating. I have to say I was mad with you when reading that news. It's just not fair.
The break is always hard but in the end you and I both know it will do wonders. Ours was 6 months and starting into it there was no way I thought I was going to make it and then when the 6 months was over I was bummed.
I wish it didn't all have to be so hard. Your heart is in the right place, your intentions are good - more than anything you deserve a 2nd child. I'm sorry hun and I will definitely keep praying.
I had the same supplement experience and had to end up trashing them as well. Something in 1 was messing me up and there was no way to tell which so they all had to go. I did see natural improvements after that so I hope you will too.
I could relate so much to your comment...She loves her mom so much, and some days I can't believe she loves me as much as she does because sometimes I don't feel like I'm a good mother.
I had so many moments like that in the TTC stage and now - it's hard to overcome those moments but their love can fix anything. They can make any day brighter. Praise the Lord for BB & the beautiful gift she is to you (AND YOU TO HER!) Those amazing eyes could make any moment brighter!
LOVE YOU GIRL!
Oh I'm so sorry - another negative! I don't blame you at all for wanting to take a break! This is so hard, and I think it's wonderful for you to focus more on your baby bean. Beautiful pics!
I'm so sorry for the negative, Chelle.
enjoy this break, soak up your daughter and life and I hope the right next step will make itself obvious to you. xoxo
She is just precious.
I just saw the false positive post, that sucks. All of this sucks. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I hate it for you.
After IVF#2 didn't work I was in a really, really dark place and was just miserable. After IVF#3, it was even worse. I finally had to step back and just let it go for Chase and Jeff. It was one of the hardest things to do, but that break helped so much.
Hoping you have a fantastic weekend! Come down my way, we can hang out! ;o)
Your daughter is so pretty. I can't help but to stare at her eyes in these pictures! I'm glad you are taking time to be with her and just be her mother. I hope you can clear your head and get rid of this stress.
I am really sorry, I was hoping that this would be your month. Those photo's are absolutely gorgeous, you have one beautiful little daughter there and I am sure that she will relish your focus on her. Have a good break, I hope that you find your peace there.
Hey Chelle, ugh how frustrating! I am so sorry this is happening but a break sounds like a great idea. The false positive must have been so annoying-stupid HPT's :( you are a great mum to BB and she is adorable! Take care xo
I'm so sorry Chelle. Sometimes you just need to take a break ..... I understand completely. TTC can be so stressful and nervewracking.
Enjoy your break :)
Ug. I'm so sorry. I totally get it, and hope that a break is exactly what you need.
It definitely sucks, but she is definitely precious.
thinking of you. i hate this game so much it hurts. but i'm hopeful for you that it will happen at some point. breaks are necessary and good, so take it, enjoy your coffee and a glass of wine and just be yourself and a momma for now. hugs.
It's never easy to see that BFN. I hope the time off will help you focus on the rest of your blessings (babybean). Your daughter is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure she adores you as her mother.
Enjoy every second with her!
Post a Comment