Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wonderfully Wonderful Weekend

Does anyone else out there feel like you work so hard all week long to make it to the weekend, and then the weekend whizzes by in the blink of an eye? It feels like the time it takes for the weekend to go by is equivalent to the first four hours of a Monday morning. How the deuce is it Sunday night already?!

This past weekend was one of the best. We had such a good time. Friday night Baby Bean and I had started to set up The Hick Pool. I was trying to blow up the inflatable ring using a basketball pump. After about half an hour, tired arms, and not seeing very much progress, I decided to call it quits for the night and go get an air pump the next day. Luckily, Hubs told me he I could use his air compressor for that. So Saturday night we went back outside to try again. I sat there for 10 minutes pumping air into the ring. It seemed like it just wasn't inflating, so I went and grabbed Hubs to see if I was crazy. It turns out, the inflatable ring sprung a few holes over the winter. I was then left with the option to try to patch them using silicon, or buy a new pool.

The new pool will be here tomorrow.

I was super excited for Saturday morning. I was going to get a hair cut for the first time in months, and this time I had a picture of what I wanted. I loved this cut and was trying to get back to it. Success! She gave me exactly what I asked for, except it looks even better than in this picture!
(Yes, those are rotting pumpkins in the background.)

As soon as I got back from my haircut, we headed out to the zoo. It was Baby Bean's first time going to the zoo, minus the time I was 4 months pregnant with her. I don't know who was more excited for her to go, her or me.

Okay, it was me.

We had such a good time. Granted it would have been better had the zoo not been so crowded, but I soldiered on for the sake of BB. She loved seeing all of the animals, and I even got her to count them a couple of times. I bought her the cutest pink elephant as we were leaving the park. The smile on her face and her reaction to that elephant made it worth every penny I spent on it. She grabbed him, hugged him to her, and gave him kisses. I totally melted.

After we left the zoo, we went to Hubs' favorite burrito joint and enjoyed burritos and nachos. It was a picture-perfect day. By the time we got home, we were all well knackered. I was supposed to catch up on blogs and Hubs was supposed to play his favorite online game, but we were both so pooped, we opted to watch some S.tar G.ate Universe, An Id.iot A.broad, and Outs.ourced instead. Before hitting the sack I read a chapter of Anne of Green Gables, and finished watching an episode of The Tu.dors.

Sunday was spent cleaning the house, since it didn't get done yesterday, and lazing about. I also emptied the partially filled pool, cannibalized the parts just in case we end up needing them at some point for the new pool, and filled up the dog pool for the pooches. We finished the evening with a long walk and a trip to the park.

And now, yet another weekend has gotten away from us, and it is time to work like shmoes for the next weekend. *sigh* At least I am able to console myself with the knowledge I will be visiting Dr. Acupuncture on Tuesday and Friday. That will help get me through.

12 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

YES! I cannot believe that tomorrow is yet another Monday!

And those pumpkins! Lady, I am cracking up right now at those pumpkins!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Is the zoo far from your home?

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful weekend! I loved that part about BB getting the elephant :) ((hugs))

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

That truly does sound like a wonderful weekend! And as I was reading your post, I kept thinking how I wished we lived closer to each other, cause I just know we'd have a blast. :) I love the Tudors, and Idiot Abroad is hilarious. And you can never lose with Ann of Green Gables. :)

I hope you are starting your morning feeling refreshed. :)

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

I hate it when weekends fly by like that! You are not alone - I live for the weekends too!!! I love the haircut - so cute!!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

The weekend sounds wonderful! I love the zoo, so much fun. And the haircut choice is a good one, it fits you so well. And sadly I didn't even notice the pumpkins in the background until I read that part, LOL! Love you girl, I hope you have a fantastic LOW STRESS week!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

I love the winter leaving and spring coming. It's such a renewal on so many levels. I hope spring has great things in store for you, friend.

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! i love how great a new haircut makes you feel :)

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

We are really wanting to take Henry to the zoo soon! His Nana was going to take him in SC and it didn't work out and I was secretly glad because I sorta want to be there for his first zoo trip!

Our weekend was way too fast too, but it was awesome. I love this time of year!

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend :) I love your hair cut - it looks fantastic!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, sounds like such a wonderful weekend. Weekends do go by waaaaay too fast

Kahla said... [Reply to comment]

Weekends go entirely too fast, I hate it! If only the work week was like that! Sounds like an awesome weekend though, I love those!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary