One thing that needs to be said about me is that I am generally an optimistic, find the humor in life type of gal. Sure, I take my punches and I get mad, hurt, and upset just like everyone else. But then I pick myself up, find the lesson, or the positive, or the funny in a less than pleasant circumstance. The reason I say this is because I am sure most of you read my last post and thought I was upset. Quite the opposite. I chuckled as I wrote almost every line. I chuckle when I end up being the exception to the rule, "Of course I'm the .0009% who gets a false positive pregnancy test. It's ME we're talking about here!" "Of course you have never seen or heard of a case like mine. It's ME we're talking about here!" I have just come to accept that that is how my life is. I have learned to take all of it with a salt lick... a big one. Because what else can I do? Wallow in my own self pity? What would that serve? Life is meant to be lived, and dammit, I live it! I might not always get what I want right when I want it, but I never lose sight of the things I DO have that make my life really stinking great. I can tell you, Baby Bean and I have been loving our time together the last few days. Really, truly loving our time together. Maybe that is why I have to struggle again. Who knows?
Have I told you all how much I love Dr. Acupuncture? I seriously love that guy. I went in today, totally down in the dumps (you know, cause it's CD3 and I went to my second baby shower this week today [its only Tuesday!]), and as soon as he started sticking in the needles, I started to cry. Great big tears sliding down the side of my face and into my ears. Dr. A grabbed a couple of tissues and sat there, wiping my tears away while telling me (in his sweet Korean accent) it just wasn't my turn yet, but that it would be. That we are working on changing the inside and it takes time. I need to be patient. It will happen. The man is so caring and compassionate. I am very lucky to have found him.
So, I have decided I am going to do a medicated cycle this month. There are many reasons for my coming to this decision. I didn't come to it alone either. I had influence from my husband and one of my best friends. My biggest hurdle is going to be to keep the stress and anticipation out of it, especially because the chances of my fertile window being when I am out of town are about 87% likely. We'll just have to do our thing before I go and call it good. That is the most I can do.
*sigh*
One minute at a time my friends, one small minute at a time. (And a chuckle when applicable.)






12 Thoughts:
Yes sweetie, try to slow down a bit. Happy you are going for a medicated cycle and I'll keep my fingers crossed you won't be out of town during the fertile window! Love, Fran
you're right... that is the most you can do. i'm glad you like your acupuncturist so much and that he helps you clear the muck out of your head. and yeah for a medicated cycle! i'm here rooting you on.
I love your outlook on life, you have inspired me more times than I can count and your drive is so encouraging. I can totally relate to the of course it's happening to me thoughts, isn't it good to be odd?!?!?! :) Dr. Acupuncture sounds awesome. I am jealous, I was always too sissy to try out acupuncture but it seems like it really works. I will be praying for the medicated cycle and hoping that you can get close to the window BEFORE leaving for your work trip! Love you girl, hope you have a great week!
One minute at a time - this is great!
So, your false positive pregnancy test totally made my eyes bug out of my head. You really are the biggest medical mystery of all time, right?!
I am so sorry for all of this. There's next to nothing I can say to even express how much empathy I have for what you are going through. It has to feel like it's nothing but a LOSE-LOSE situation that you're in right now. But you handle it well and though I am sure there are immeasurable ups and downs for you emotionally, you always come out on the up side somehow. I am so glad you have that precious baby girl to keep lifting your spirits somehow. Nothing in this world is more uplifting to me than hearing "I wuv you, mama" paired with the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen. I know you feel the exact same way.
As always, you are continually in my prayers.
xoxo
you are going a mile a minute! Deep breaths!
so glad you are in great hands with your acupuncturist.
And love you outlook on life - I'm with you, sometimes you just have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.
You and I are so alike it's uncanny friend! I've been all over the place lately as well, and I am ALWAYS the exception to the rule!
I'm loving that you're loving acu though!! I seriously wish I could go every day!
I'm glad to hear that you're going to do a medicated cycle :) I'm praying and hoping for a BFP for you!
I think its great you're still trying. I hope you have an amazing week lovely lady and give your daughter a great big hug!
Sounds like you are in a great headspace, I am sure that quality time with BB is helping too. Fingers crossed for a good cycle :)
I love you just the way you are. When you are up and when you are down. I hope that you are able to make it through with a smile on your face. I miss you. I wish I lived closer so I could be there for you all the time.
Oh, hun. I wish I could dry your tears, too. I wish I was there to give you the biggest hug. I'm always there for you....you still have my number?
I got your trinket in the mail...thank you so much! I have it on and I won't take it off. :)
Love you so much!!
Post a Comment