Of course, with Wednesday being Baby Bean's birthday, we didn't mind another day at home. I got up that morning as soon as she did, and rushed in to tell my sweet baby girl happy birthday. She gave me the biggest smile. She knew what day it was. I got her all dressed in her new, special birthday outfit (not to be confused with her birthday suit). We then headed downstairs and the fun began. All day long I would let her open a present here and there, right up until about an hour before bedtime. Of course, I let her stay up a bit late too. Her digs included a new white oak table (I didn't realize it didn't come with chairs [they have since been ordered and are on their way]), new clothes from grandma and grandpa, a savings account from the other grandma, new pots and pans for her kitchen, a hamster in a ball (not live), le.gos (from daddy), a magnetic toy where you pair the back halves of animals to the front, and some bathtub crayons.
We tried to brave the roads to take her out to dinner, but we had to stop at the grocery store first to pick up her birthday cake that I was supposed to pick up the night before. While we were there, we decided it would be best to buy food just in case we had to stay home again Thursday and Friday (staying home Thursday is looking most likely). BB LOVED her D.ora cake. We also let her pick out a gigantic mylar balloon, because I have been promising her one for her birthday for weeks.
After leaving the store, we decided we were done playing ice hockey with ourselves in the car and headed home instead of to dinner. We did order a pizza though, and were sure to give the delivery guy a decent tip. (Hey, we wouldn't have made him go out if we hadn't been followed home by a P.apa J.ohns delivery guy! Obviously he was out making deliveries, and we tipped well.)
Today was a great day spent at home, trying to keep warm, while basking in the love of and for our daughter on her special day. It has been so very sweet with only a tiny hint of heart ache at the thought of not being able to celebrate birthdays for siblings. I keep praying though, and we'll keep trying (btw, AF reared today). I am just so grateful we were blessed with Baby Bean and able to celebrate her arrival into our lives.
Here are a few photos from today. Just a heads up, my daughter is definitely her father's, as she runs away or hides from the camera. It is almost impossible to get a good picture of her, and when you do, it is pure luck! Enjoy!








9 Thoughts:
I have heard alot about these snowstorms - seriously, we are in a heat wave down here!!
Just stopped by to let you know that I have nominated you for an award!!
She is SO sweet - give her a big birthday hug from us. I hope you guys are able to keep warm - COME ON SPRING!
I'm so glad you had such a good day with your daughter for her birthday! It sounds like she had a great time :-)
Hope the ice goes away soon!
Oh what a wonderful day. She's so incredibly precious...
Yeah, we're all a little claustrophobic at this point. Although I'm glad to hear that BB had a great birthday!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope life isn't treating you too bad these days. Looks like you had an awesome day to enjoy with BB. :)
The storm just missed us which we were grateful for. :) Glad you guys are safe!
Happy birthday baby bean! I'm glad you had a special day sweetie!!
Your daughter is adorable. I just loved the pictures you posted. They are precious. Her smile is contagious. Looks like she had a pretty fun birthday!
What a cutie. I hope she enjoyed her birthday. I cannot believe how fast the past 2 years have flown!!
Post a Comment