Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Game Over

Today I went back to see my RE. He wanted to make sure I didn't have any cysts developing this month, and the good news is I am all clear. He asked where I was in my cycle. 11dpo. I then told him it was already game over. AF isn't due until Saturday, but I started spotting yesterday. He then told me not to give up hope yet because he had a woman in there earlier this week who thought the same thing, and apparently she is pregnant. I looked him in the eye, smiled, and said, "Don't try to give me false hope Dr. D. I've been at this game way too long to get my hopes up. It's Game Over."

He then told me that maybe I just need to back off for a while.

Whoa, wait a second, isn't this my RE?! Holy shnickies! I can't even tell you how much my respect for this man increased in that moment. I always felt in my heart he was in this business because he was passionate about helping couples become families, but you just never know when there are so many crooks out there. So him telling me maybe I needed to just give things a break for a bit further cemented my already glowing opinion of him. He really isn't in this for the money. He honestly loves what he does.

I laughed when he said that and told him I had been thinking the same thing, and I have. I am way too much in this game right now, and I need to back off. I then told him the only reason I was afraid to back off is because of the lining issue. It is apparent that isn't going to thicken without some help. I then told him I had started going to an acupuncturist and a chiropractor. I wish I could describe the smile on his face as he told me he was glad to hear it. He said he is all for acupuncture and tells all of his IVF patients to do it because he has personally seen it increase their success rates. He then told me he is considering going to school to learn acupuncture because he knows how beneficial it can be when it comes to TTC. He thinks it will definitely help with building the endometrium.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I admire and respect this man. Seriously.

At the end of the appointment he told me to come in on CD6 if my period shows (apparently he isn't as convinced as I am that AF is already here) and to hold off on the estrogen patches until after he sees me so that we can determine if the acupuncture is already helping. He is going to monitor me for the next couple of months and have me schedule my acupuncture appointments around certain events in my cycle, such as ovulation, because he knows it will help increase our chances.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I'm telling ya!

I can also attest to the fact that the acupuncture has already helped me stress less about all of this stuff. When I started spotting yesterday I thought, "Oh well. I really don't care. We'll try again next month." Holy crap!

Before I sign off for the night, I just had to share these pictures with everyone. Baby Bean and I went and got our birthday pictures taken a couple weekends ago, and they came in yesterday. The colors on the computer just cannot do them justice compared to the printed copies. The colors IRL are so vibrant and crisp. It was the third time I have used this photographer, and I just love him. He does such an awesome job. But let his work speak for his talents!



15 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I could just die at the cuteness of that bunny photo!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah for fantastic doctors!!! They really do make the journey better. The pictures are so great...man she is a mini-you! :) I love them all but especially love the photo of her sitting in your lap, your smiles are so sweet!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Ahhh. . . Such adorable pictures. :) You both look great. :)

And your RE does sound amazing. From what I know of you, when you are in something, you are IN something, which I'm sure makes it hard to back off the TTC a bit. Thinking of you.

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

I have more faith in the chiro than the acu, but that's just cuz the room didn't spin for me when they put the needles in me. ;p But, the chiro! I lurve that man! Lol!

Your pics aren't loading for me. Boo! :(

Noelle said... [Reply to comment]

My computer is slow, so the pictures aren't loading yet, but I wanted to let you know that I am thrilled for you, and for your sense of happiness and patience.

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Your RE sounds great - he's really trying to help you not just make money. That is a great doctor!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Your doc really does sound like somebody special. I'm still rooting for you lovely lady and those Birthday pics are waaaay beyond precious. You tow are absolutely gorgeous!

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad you're loving acu so much, and that Dr. RE was so totally behind it... warms my heart, because I have loved it so much myself!

And you're right - you lucked out with this guy! I'm totally jealous!

P.S. How is she getting so big!! I swear she was just a baby when we "met"... my heart is melting over here from those pictures!

Kathleen said... [Reply to comment]

one thing that always frustrates me is when an RE makes me feel like they know my body better than I know my body, huh? but i'm glad that overall he gave you a good sense and that you are happy with his disposition and helping you do this at your pace. i love that he's willing to monitor you around your acupuncture. that's great! love the pics of you and baby bean!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE the picture of you and baby bean! SUPER CUTE! I'm glad to hear that your RE has your respect. It is really hard some times to have respect for doctors if you feel like another number that just gives money to them on a regular basis.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Your doctor sounds great - I'm so very impressed! I really hope the chiro and acu work wonders for you - I've heard some good things. And those pictures - gorgeous! Both of you are!!!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

GREAT! And it's a mini Chelle! ;-)

Kahla said... [Reply to comment]

Your RE sounds awesome. It's always nice to connect, I feel about our RE the same way. Makes the road traveled a little less rough perhaps.

Those pictures are just precious! Emery would have had that bunny in a headlock!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Your RE sounds like a good man. They are few and far between in that industry, I truly believe it. Mine was all for taking breaks, taking a step back when needed, adding in counseling or non traditional treatments like prox.eed, etc. I honestly thinking having someone like that in your battle is invaluable. I will continue praying for you.

Those photos are just to die for. You look simply AMAZING. Really. And that little doll of yours is so precious. I LOVE that bunny photo!!

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

What adorable pictures :) Thank you so very much for sharing them :) I'm glad that you're finding the acupuncture to be helpful. It's always nice to have a RE who really truly has your welfare at heart. I'm glad that you have such a good RE. Our RE was like that as well.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary