Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What a Wonderful World

Like all of us bloggers, I never knew how blogging could or would change my life all those years ago when I started writing my thoughts out on the Internet for anyone in the world to see. As I look back over my time as a self-proclaimed professional blogger, I am so glad I took that first step and let something so big and so wonderful into my life. I laugh now at the me who used to snigger at people who kept blogs and ignorantly asked, "Why?!" Well my dear, because blogging opens up doors to a bigger, brighter world.

Last weekend my life was twice blessed with talking or meeting blog friends. On Friday night, I finally got to chat with Tammy from Tammy's Journey. The "finally" was because I was forgetful and blonde. Tammy had set up a time to call me, and then I spaced it and missed her call. I felt so bad, but I made up for it by the end of the week when I surprised her and called her. We had a good long chat, and it was so wonderful to hear her voice, to talk to her over the phone about our respective situations, and to provide comfort and support to each other. If its possible, I think she was even sweeter over the phone than she is in blogland.

Then on Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting with the blogger from Cherish This Baby. (I'm not sure if she wants her name posted, so I won't post it.) Not only did I get to meet her, but her husband and daughter as well. We met up for a little PF Ch.angs, some Godi.va Chocolate, and some great conversation. Once again, meeting this blogger was no disappointment. She was just as sweet and lovely in person as she is on the blogs. The best part is, she heads my way a few times a year, so we have plans to hook up again next time they are in town.


I can't accurately put into words how wonderful it feels to hook up with blog friends. Sure we all get to know each other and love each other over the Internet, but there is something so wonderful about meeting someone in person, or hearing a voice over the phone that just provides such a sense of comfort that we really are not alone in our respective battles to build a family. The connections that are made in those moments are nothing short of incredible. I wouldn't trade it for all the free time in the world.

To my two girls, it was such a pleasure and a blessing to meet/talk with you both this weekend, and I look forward to doing it again soon.

8 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Yay that you got to meet them...but I'm so insanely jealous of them lol.

Beckie's Infertile said... [Reply to comment]

That is awesome! I am glad that you were able to have that experience - it sounded wonderful!

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

You know...

I have often thought I would rather take one big ol' roadtrip and meet some of my friends, than to go to a big conference and meet like the entire Internet. I love that idea.

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

It is lovely that you have been able to meet up with some bloggy friends!! I can't explain the fear that I would have to do that so I think that you are very, very brave indeed.

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Yay for meeting blog friends! I have not been disappointed with any of the bloggers I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life. It's always great :-D

Basic Girl said... [Reply to comment]

So so fun!!! Meeting bloggers is the best for sure!!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Isn't blogging fabulous! One of the best decisions I've ever had is to start my little place on the internet...

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, thanks sweetie! I don't know how I missed this post before! I'm sorry I'm just seeing it now!

It was sooooo wonderful to talk with you. So very wonderful. You are such a sweetheart and so supportive. The pleasure was all mine to be able to chat with you.

And so wonderful you got to meet another blogger! It's so wonderful meeting bloggers and I cherish it so much.

Love ya girl! (((HUGS)))

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary