Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

In the TWW

Holy crap. I can't believe I am in the TWW! Not only because I have waited for so long to be in a TWW, but because I wasn't supposed to be here until after Tuesday. If you missed my last post, I ovulated 4 days early. It was only by sheer luck that I caught it when I decided to do an OPK at the last minute on Friday. I had decided against it during the day at work, but then changed my mind that night because I thought it would be fun to watch the LH surge happen from CD15 to 19.

Has anyone else out there in blogland ever ovulated early? I mean, I have always been a CD19 girl. I have NEVER ovulated early. Later, sure, but not early. So now I am wondering how or why this could happen. I have to be honest and say it kind of worries me a tad. We're talking 4 days early here. Well, maybe just 3 since, as I said in my last post, the exact day of CD1 was a bit confusing and I had decided to go with the later date. Either way, ovulation was early.

Oh, and talking about cycle weirdness, my girls are already sore. No, I don't think it means I'm pregnant. Hello, my embie is only a few cells right now and its still in the fallopian tube. So what is the soreness all about? I usually don't get that until a week before AF shows. I'm not talking a little bit sore either, I'm talking the over-the-should-boulder-holder comes off, gravity kicks in, and I feel it. So I will have to say there is a bit of concern there too. I keep telling myself that LPs don't get shorter. They always stay the same. So I will have my usual 12-day LP. But you have to admit, this is a little weird.

There are some other things going on with me that will make it hard for me to diagnose pregnancy symptoms over the next couple of weeks too, so I won't be able to trust anything short of positive pregnancy test, which sucks. The cool thing is I got five free pg tests from the site I ordered my pre-seed from, so those combined with the three I already have, give me eight tests. I can start testing as early as this coming Friday and do one every day for the next eight days if I want or need to.

Despite the earliness of ovulation, I still feel good about this cycle. I keep thinking I'm pregnant, but that could just be because that has been my "plan" for the last six months. I honestly think there is a bun in the oven though.

I just hope that my intuition is right. How can it not be when it was completely by chance that I happened to take a test on the last minute on Friday that showed up positive? Had I not done that, I would have thought I didn't ovulate this cycle and would have been calling the RE for an appointment, assuming of course I didn't figure out on my own that I was pregnant when AF failed to show up, since our battle plan already included BDing starting on Saturday. I have always been a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and there has to be a reason I took that OPK and saw my positive on Friday.

So I guess this is it. I've done absolutely everything I could to put things in our favor. All I can do now is wait. Tick tock baby.

7 Thoughts:

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck!

jessica said... [Reply to comment]

yeah! how exciting. so, i have a question-may be a little tmi again. since i just got my cycle back since BF and it's been long, can you please share if it's always apparent when you ovulate. like lots of EWCM or is there somtimes not much and it just happens w/o you knowing it. today is cd 31 and i was wondering maybe i o and didn't know it. doubt it! thanks!!

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Jessica, in my experience the pressence of EWCM is dependant upon your fertility that month. I have had months where I was practicially swimming in it and months where I was concerned I wasn't fertile. While CM can help determine when you are going to ovulate, the best predictor is OPKs. I watched my CM like a hawk this cycle, and I still wasn't sure taking an OPK was necessary on Friday, but it was a good thing I did, or I would have missed my LH surge. I would say that if your cycles are long and you're not sure when you ovulate, you might want to consider investing in an ovulation monitor, as opposed to OPKs, as they can get expensive if you go through more than 7 in a month. Even I have considered getting a monitor just to knock out the cost. The second best advice I can give is to read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, if you haven't already. That is an IFers Bible.

I hope that helps. :)

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Girl! I was usually a cycle 19-24 ovulator, but a couple times ovulated early too. Thank goodness for OPKs!

I hope you have a really peaceful two weeks as I KNOW how nervewracking the waiting can be. Thinking of you girl!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Fingers and toes crossed for ya!

jessica said... [Reply to comment]

thanks chelle. i tried using opks last month and never got a +, i should have went w/my gut and not relied on them. i will hold off on the monitor for now b/c of the $$$ but will get the book. thanks again. hope the tww goes quickly for you and ends with a BFP.

seussgirl said... [Reply to comment]

Fingers crossed!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary