Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, August 27, 2010

What the...?! Okay!

Okay, so I totally need the Dali Lama chant right now because I am freaking out with excitement and bewilderment. As you can see by the ticker on my blog as of Friday (right now), I have at least four days left until ovulation.

I usually ovulate on CD (cycle day) 19, or at least that is when I normally get my positive OPK. Its been that CD for as long as I have been doing OPKs. That's the day I got my positive OPK during the cycle I got knocked up with Baby Bean. The last two cycles since my surgery it has been CD 20 and CD19.

Well this current cycle is a bit weird and I'm not sure whether I am on CD15 or 16 because of when the red stuff started happening. I decided to go with the later of the two dates and just start doing OPKs on CD15, which would be today. All day long I have gone back and forth between whether or not I wanted to start doing OPKs. It seemed like a waste, since I usually don't get my positive until about four days from now. I had actually decided against it when I got home from work at 3:30 and emptied my bladder. I figured if I wanted to change my mind later in the day, I could, but as it stood, I couldn't hold it and wanted to take a nap.

Hubs and Baby Bean got home early tonight too, at around 5:15. We all laid around on the bed for a bit wrestling, talking, and having fun. At around 6:00 I decided I would do an OPK just for the heck of it. I actually kind of wanted to chart the surge over the next few days to see if the line got darker as the big day drew nearer.

I should have known the second I saw all of the color flooding into the test strip that something was up because the only other time I have seen that was last cycle when I got a big fat positive OPK. But it didn't occur to me. I peed on the stick, put it on the back of the toilet, and walked out of the room. I came back a few minutes later to see if there was even a hint line, and this is what I saw (the top test):

I had to look at it about a million times because I swore my eyes were deceiving me. I NEVER ovulate this early! After a about a minute, I ran down the hall shouting, "We're on tonight baby!" I ran into Hub's office to show him and all he could say was, "Ew! Get your pee stick out of here!" LOL I made him look anyway. Ha! I then told him the test must be wrong. It must be defective. I still have four days to go. Since it was taken at 6:00, I still had two prime hours in which to test again to confirm the result.

At 8:00, I peed on another one. As you can see from the picture above, the first test was right on the money.

HOLY SHNICKIES!!!! IT'S GO TIME!

EARLY!

Whatever, I'll take it. I guess my TWW is going to start sooner than I thought. It also makes me wonder if I am going to ovulate again in four days.

The thing that gets me is I wasn't going to test tonight. I was this close - to not testing. Not only that, but our pre-seed came in the mail today. It came with a "Baby Dust" temporary tattoo, that I put right above my belly button just before going in and taking the first OPK. Doesn't this all seem a little coincidental? If I hadn't tested, I would have missed this window! Well, kind of. I told Hubs we were going to BD in the morning and for each morning the next four days. So I really could have missed the positive OPK, been knocked up, and then been freaking out because I thought I never ovulated.

Holy crap!

It is amazing how things just happen to fall into place sometimes, isn't it? Let's just hope all of this is a good omen. Please God, let it be a good omen.

Keep your fingers crossed for us, and say a little prayer, cause here goes our first TWW in over two years!!! We're finally here folks!

5 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Happy BDing! And I say you should throw in a couple of nights just for extra fun lol.

Noelle said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah!!!!! This is so exciting!

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

Is it odd that I am currently thinking about you and hubby doing the baby dance?!?

Swim spermies swim! ;)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Whoo Hoo! Fingers crossed. Keep legs in the air for 50 minutes after BD!! YEAH!!!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Oh yay!!! Given it's now Sunday, what have you and the hubby been doing all weekend??? :) this is wonderful!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary