Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

She's Got the Funk

Oh blog friends, I am sorry to say I am going through some personal issues right now and have been dealing with them rather than blogging. I'm neither posting nor reading on a regular basis. Right now, I am just trying to take care of myself so I can take care of my family. I am doing really well at that, but it is a difficult balance, so my family is the only thing I am really focusing on right now. Things will get better soon though.

In other, happier news, my mom came out for a visit this weekend. I wish I could say it was all to visit us, but one of my all-time favorite cousins tied the knot on Friday. My mom came out, as did all of her sisters, and partook in the festivities. My cousin was of course a beautiful bride, glowing and smiling as every girl should be on her wedding day. Her reception was gorgeous, and Baby Bean loved running around, tasting the food and punch, and being a little stink. The funny thing is, my cousin had my exact same wedding dress as me, only with different beading and detail. I told her she had great taste.

Baby Bean loved having grandma around, and grandma loved being around Baby Bean. BB's favorite was to open and close the bathroom door where grandma was getting ready for the day and playing peek-a-boo. I personally loved it at my cousin's reception when BB would run around and say, "Where did grandma go?" Which really comes out sounding more like, "Where da gumma go?"

Today my mom and I went to BRU and bought BB two new dresses for church and to get pictures taken in when my sister and her two girls come out in a few weeks. I also bought her a little outfit I just couldn't resist because it was so stinking adorable. Before we left, I wanted to buy BB a pull-along puppy, so we stopped by the toy section. I made the mistake of letting BB out of the cart to see if she would a push popper toy.

Well, she did. So much so that when I tried to put her and the toy in the cart, she pitched a fit all the way to the checkout. Finally my mom took her out of the cart and let her run around with the popper until I was done checking out. We then let her push it all the way out to the car.

Ensue MAJOR tantrum. She screamed her head off the whole way home because she couldn't push the toy and make the "popcorn pop." Sadly for her, as soon as we got home, she went straight up to bed and down for a nap.

I already hate this toy, and not because of the noise, but because of the tantrums my daughter throws over it. My sweet little happy-go-lucky angle baby actually throws tantrums over this thing. As soon as she got up from her nap and went to play with it, we realized our floors were not conducive to popcorn popping, so Hubs had to rig the wheels with bandage tape to give them traction on our hardwood and tile floors. All I can say is if the screaming over this toy doesn't end, it won't live in our house for very long.

Well, another weekend is gone, and another workweek starts in a few short hours. Here's to hoping it goes quickly, quietly, and painlessly.

8 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Lol I have one of those toys too. Pop...pop...pop pop pop pop pop. What about using it as a reward when she uses good manners? That way she might begin to associate it as being a reward rather than a given that she's allowed to pop it as long as she likes (and throw a fit when she is done).

Noelle said... [Reply to comment]

I think it is hilarious that she is obsessed with this popper! I can say that because I'm not hearing the tantrum :) But it's so funny to hear you describe it. I hope that your personal issues are okay and that things get better for you.

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry your in a funk right now lady... I hope things start to turn up soon!!

The Hopeful Elephant said... [Reply to comment]

Now darling....you may have to explain to her that noisy toys are "outside" toys, and can only be played with on the sidewalk! I hated the popper too. It got the outside treatment right along with Tickle Me Elmo. ;)

Sorry you're funky...I've got ears if you need a friend!

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

When I first saw the picture of the popper I thought I would get one for Henry! Now I am not so sure... :)

Glad BB had a great visit with grandma and you had fun at the wedding!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Oh that toy is so very annoying! I can just picture her throwing a fit about it....kinda makes me smile. :) :)

Glad you had a fun weekend. :) (((HUGS)))

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry to hear that you're in a funk. Please take good care of yourself. I love the story about the popper - it made me laugh!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

lol, we have the one too and babe only gets it out now when we vacuum to play along.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary