Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hanging On

I find that for the first time in years, I am really hanging on to the excitement of Christmas. I don't want it to end. I love all of the anticipation of the day, all of the buildup associated with it. But most of all, I love how people's hearts are softened, they are more kind and compassionate, and most of us strive to remember the reason for the holiday by being more giving to those in need.

While there is no snow in my yard, this year Christmas has felt like Christmas. I grew up in the Northwest where it was rare to not have a white Christmas. In fact, I talked to my mom this morning and she said they are all set for a white Christmas. It was snowing while we were on the phone. I laughed inside because it was so hot here today I had to turn on the AC.

I hope that all of you have a merry Christmas, and I pray that if you didn't get what you wanted this year, that God will see fit to deliver by next Christmas. I know that this holiday is hard for some of you because this is the first Christmas I finally have a child to spend it with. I know that the years we were undergoing infertility around the holidays it made them not seem special at all, and in fact, it made them a little hard to bear. I pray that for those of you longing to have a baby that you will have one or be in the family way this time next year.

Please be safe this Christmas if you are traveling or cooking dinner. :p

A very merry Christmas to everyone in blogland!

4 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Merry Christmas! It's 1am Christmas morning here in New Zealand. I hope you, hubby and bean have an awesome first Christmas together, I just know you will!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Have a wonderful Christmas with your daughter! I'm sure it will best Christmas yet :-). Hope you post some pics.

I am so lucky and thankful that I got what I wanted this year!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I'm so happy you have your little girl. (((HUGS)))

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Merry Christmas, Chelle! May all of your Christmas dreams come true.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary