At 11:00 it came time for the award part of the holiday party. I found my BF, A (who takes Baby Bean's pictures), and we went to the party together. They issued the annual awards for the top performers, and in between each category they gave out door prizes. The first set of prizes were $25 gift cards, free lunches with senior staff, and free vacation days. The second round offered $50 gift cards along with the lunches and vacation days. The third round offered the Big Daddy Prizes.
I am no longer allowed to think, "They won't call my name. I never win anything," which is exactly what I was thinking when they held up the Nik.on Co.olpix S320 camera.

The next thing I knew, my name was being called and all of my teammates and friends were cheering and clapping wildly. It took me a second to realize I was supposed to go up and claim the certificate for the camera.
The funny thing is I won $100 in gift cards at last year's Christmas party, and an iP.od at the one before that. So nope, no longer allowed to think I don't win, especially with the odds of wining at this company.
After lunch, the unveiling of the Secret Santas began. The woman who had me did an excellent job with all of her gifts during the week. Fuzzy purple socks and a bag of Re.eses Bells. My final present was a pair of pink pajamas with elephants on them for Baby Bean. They are so stinking adorable! I really felt like a winner.
But the biggest surprise was yet to come.
I got home from work that night and walked up to the front door. My arms were full of baby, a diaper bag, my purse, the mail, and gifts from work. There was a box sitting next to the front door. I figured it was for Hubs because he has been ordering all of my presents off the Internet. I went inside, set down the baby and everything else and went back out to get the box. I was surprised when I saw Baby Bean's name on it. I figured it was from one of the grandma's. I flipped the box over and saw it was from Heather, from Heather's Daily Life. The present had come all of the way from Australia from a very dear blogger friend just for my baby!
I couldn't wait to get it inside and open it. When I did I giggled with delight and squealed as I pulled out a stuffed wombat and then the cutest little outfit.
I was so excited and completely touched. My first instinct was to call Heather to thank her, and then I realized I couldn't. I thought I would just go see her and give her a hug then and tell her thank you in person, and then I realized I couldn't do that either. So I called my dad who had lived in Australia a long time ago and told him about it, then sat down and wrote Heather an email thanking her for her sweet gift. It was by far my most favorite part of the day.
Baby Bean loves the wombat, who is named "Russell." It says so on his tag. I can't wait until she is big enough to wear the outfit. I am definitely going to take pictures and post them on the blog when she is.
Heather, I know I've already thanked you twice, but thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You are so sweet and caring, and a very loving woman. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I hope you enjoy the Christmas card once it gets there. It pales in comparison to the sweet things you sent me. lol






10 Thoughts:
What an awesome day you had!
I've been out TWICE to check the letter box for your Christmas card today. Come on Mr Postman, hurry up and get here lol.
I love two things in life. One is to surprise people with gifts and letters and the other is to 'give something back' which involves charity work.
During school holidays my dad would always have a conversation ahead of time with anyone he was introducing me to:
Dad: Tomorrow I am bringing my daughter Heather over, you will want to give her things but DONT.
Friend: I wont
Dad: Oh you will want to, and I'll place a $5 bet with you RIGHT NOW that Heather will leave with something.
Apparently dad ALWAYS got his $5 and for years he couldnt figure out why people would give me things when I never once asked for anything. None of these people were people I'd ever met before so it certainly wasnt that I had given THEM anything. Dad has finally come to the conclusion that it's all down to karma/God's reward system lol. I wouldnt care if I never got something back because just to be able to give something to someone makes me so happy! I cant wait to see her in it when the right season rolls around!
Wow. Super cute. And what a rockin' company!!! Vaca days would be my pick. hahaha.
You were sure a winner on this day. WOW! Congrats on winning the camera, and how sweet to have a bloggy friend send a gift for baby bean. You are a wonderful person and deserving of wonderful things to happen to you. :-D
Heather, I'm a giver too. I LOVE to give. I love thinking of the person when I search out the goodie to give, I love knowing that I get to surprise them, and I love watching their reaction when they get the gift. It brings so much joy. Christmas is my favorite time of year because I love to do all of the above for people in my life.
I guess we are karmically connected. ;)
I think it is awesome that you were the receiver this time, since I see how much you try to give to others, even in the limited contact that we have :)
Glad you had such a great day :-). Your office has great giveaways that makes things so much more fun. The outfit for baby bean is adorable.
Glad you had such a wonderful day! What an awesome camera!! You go girl!!
Heather sounds like such a sweetheart!
That is so fun that you won again at your Christmas party! You are one lucky girl. I love the outfit that Heather sent. Super cute!
How fun and WHAT AN AWESOME DAY! Seriously you need to go buy a lottery ticket, LOL! The outfit and wombat are adorable. How sweet and I bet that was such a great surprise, surprises are the best!
PS...I have that same Nikon camera and LOVE it! It takes great pictures and is pretty easy to learn how to use. Although I got it for Xmas last year and I am still learning new things that it does, lol, it's easy though!
CONGRATS!
No doubt it is because of your wonderful karma that you had such a super winning day!
Gosh, gorgeous presents from the generous Heather - Australians are so fabulous :)
You deserve the plethora of gifts - enjoy!
Post a Comment